Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By GoBears
  • 1 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By ModeratorOMD
  • 1 Post By zc1
  1.    #1  
    I have both a Palm Pre Minus and a shiny new 32Gb TouchPad. Try this on your TP and your webOS 1.4 device.

Enter get.adobe.com/flashplayer/mobile into both devices' web browser. Surprise!

The Pre says "Your device currently has the latest version of Flash . . ." The TP says "Sorry. Adobe Flash Player is not available . . . for your device . . ."

So does my Pre or does my TP have Flash?

To make matters even more interesting, go to the Adobe page that lists supported devices, and there are no devices listed from either Palm or HP. No TouchPad. No Pre3. No Pre 2. No Veer.
    Last edited by GoBears; 09/18/2011 at 07:53 AM.
    ghassan666 likes this.
    That's like buying a banana, and saying it's not a banana because 1. it doesn't have a banana sticker and 2. the cashier never explicitly said it was a banana, she just rang it up for $1.29
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

aNYthing24 likes this.
  3. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Adobe - Flash Player -- That page says "you have version 10,3,185,46 installed"
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    Adobe - Flash Player -- That page says "you have version 10,3,185,46 installed"
    yha nub
  5. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    @GoBears: BTW, your link gives me the same "not available/unsupported" message whether I click it using my phone, touchpad, Android tablet or desktop computer.
  6. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    yha nub
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by obsama1 View Post
    Go to YouTube. It plays videos without an app unlike the iPad. And the list of supported devices is jank. I have an ASUS TRansformer and it has Flash, but its not listed there. Every mobile OS has Flash, except iOS.
    Actually, YouTube video is playable in the iPad's browser. YouTube serves up H.264 video instead of Flash when it detects an iOS device.
    Just now.
    fxspec06 likes this.
  9. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    As I mentioned, above, and as was re-iterated by DreamOWD, there are better sites to check if your TouchPad has flash installed. The one I listed is from Adobe (Adobe - Flash Player) and, unlike the one in the original post, actually works. The second test page is from a third party, and was shown in the post by DreamOWD. Either way, the flash version installed on the TouchPad is listed as 10,3,185,46 (10.3.185.46).

The link in the original post doesn't work properly for identifying flash version on any of my devices -- phone, TouchPad, Android Tablet or desktop PC.
    Yeah, you kind of linked us to the error page.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  11. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Yeah, you kind of linked us to the error page.
    Actually he didn't. It redirects to an error page after you click the link. The link is aimed at

Code:
    http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/mobile/
    After clicking it redirects to

Code:
    http://www.adobe.com/misc/unsupported_device.html
    The proper test page on the Adobe site is the one that I linked to in my first post:

Code:
    http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
    howi likes this.