Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  


    "Oh, this changes everything. What's real? What isn't? How can I know?"

    There's been a lot of talk about the inexpiable iPad and the Tumultuous Touchpad. The pads released from Apple and Hp.

    But check your emails. No, this is not a test. On Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:26 PM, Apple released an email ad that directly copies Hp's classic ad slogan. Works like nothing else.

    What the?!

    Who came first, who didn't? Are they forming together? Are they the same people?

    Otherwise, why the heck would Apple use this marketing strategy?

    HP Using the Slogan
    http://www.hp.com/united-states/webo.../touchpad.html
    Apple Using the Same Slogan
    http://images.apple.com/dm/us/11/4831/i/ttl.gif
    Last edited by DreamOWD; 09/17/2011 at 08:11 PM.
  2. bxborn31's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    #2  
    as much as i love my apple products they probably did it to be <jerks>. To mock the old add.



    <<staff edit - do not post around language filters>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/17/2011 at 08:25 PM.
  3.    #3  
    They probably figured, "hey since HP's out of the game, we can take their slogan."

    It just goes to show how Apple feels about Hp. If anything, I think this actually helped HP.

    If "The Apple" is using the slogan, HP has got to be good.

    Undeniably now, HP Touchpad does have face value. Applers can't say anything anymore.

    What can they say?

    I bet Steve Jobs himself told his Employees, "I want that $99 Touchpad NOW!"

    Then he gets it and says, "This thing is pretty good."

    Just like Slugworth. This is all too reminiscent of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
  4. #4  
    Apple stole HP's slogan.

    Now it's time for HP to retaliate.

    "If you don't have a TouchPad... well... you don't have a TouchPad."
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

    sledge007 and Jozz like this.
  5. #5  
    I write headlines for a living, and I've caught myself unconsciously copying headlines I'd read in the recent past. Feel like an ***** every time I do it.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
  6.    #6  
    It seems to me that Apple has directly called out HP in a duel.
  7. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #7  
    Pitchfork and torches boys.
    dadueler likes this.
  8.    #8  
    This is serious. I can't think of any other explanation other than HP and Apple are the same people.

    Kicking the Touchpad while it's down? Apple plays dirty. This has got to be illegal, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    I write headlines for a living, and I've caught myself unconsciously copying headlines I'd read in the recent past. Feel like an ***** every time I do it.
    You're gonna use my headline? YAY!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Apple stole HP's slogan.

    Now it's time for HP to retaliate.

    "If you don't have a TouchPad... well... you don't have a TouchPad."
    more like "if you don't have a TouchPad, you paid more than $150 for it"
    sledge007 and fxspec06 like this.
  10. #10  
    You're complaining about a slogan, when Touchpad basically stole/borrowed the basic functions of the tablet from apple.
  11.    #11  
    My mouth is agape right now. As if Apple didn't have enough good standing as it is, then it just goes and does something like this.

    Greedy... Apple says: I don't care if I ruin anybody else's product, I'm out to get mine..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    You're complaining about a slogan, when Touchpad basically stole/borrowed the basic functions of the tablet from apple.
    Then why didn't they go for any other Tablet? Android, Windows, Playbook- any thing with a Touch screen?? They're just picking on HP.

    Touchpad sales hurt Apple's revenue and they KNOW it. WE know it, the whole world knows it!!!
  12. #12  
    Who cares. The TouchPad is dead. It only lives on in our discounted hearts.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    I write headlines for a living, and I've caught myself unconsciously copying headlines I'd read in the recent past. Feel like an ***** every time I do it.
    subconsciously*

    Only pointing that out because you indicated you're a writer.

    But I agree that happens a lot. You can learn a lot from a dummy, and honestly, I'm lovin' it. Not everyone can think different. Thats why choosy mom choose Jif. Wait, what?
    MercuryCrest likes this.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    Who cares. The TouchPad is dead. It only lives on in our discounted hearts.
    HAHA!

    Quote Originally Posted by sinistersai4d View Post
    subconsciously*

    Only pointing that out because you indicated you're a writer.

    But I agree that happens a lot. You can learn a lot from a dummy, and honestly, I'm lovin' it. Not everyone can think different. Thats why choosy mom choose Jif. Wait, what?
    OK. Can someone put this in literal terms? 'cause I still don't get it. Over my head it goes.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    You're complaining about a slogan, when Touchpad basically stole/borrowed the basic functions of the tablet from apple.
    Learn your history.. i.e. webos is webos, and was webos long ago, and is still the same webos with the same webos functions it had from webos of long ago today

    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    Who cares. The TouchPad is dead. It only lives on in our discounted hearts.
    TouchPad is very much alive and well, TYVM =)
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

    IGNTNUNLMTD and dadueler like this.
  16. #16  
    also, using "does" could be an infringement on "droid does" - hp should sue apple and recoup some of the losses it had to take on the touchpad
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Learn your history.. i.e. webos is webos, and was webos long ago, and is still the same webos with the same webos functions it had from webos of long ago today


    TouchPad is very much alive and well, TYVM =)
    They are both Pads, but they are very different, or else none of this would be happening. And even if TP was dead, Apple just reawakened it.

    I'm fiery mad about this!

    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    also, using "does" could be an infringement on "droid does" - hp should sue apple and recoup some of the losses it had to take on the touchpad
    I sure would. And Apple thinks that no one would notice because it's in EMAIL. That's terribly poor philosophy.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post

    Touchpad sales hurt Apple's revenue and they KNOW it. WE know it, the whole world knows it!!!
    you do realze that even with every single Touchpad that sold during the firesale (which was somewhere between 500,000 and 900,000) equated to less than one weeks worth of Apples iPad sales? I don't think Apple is to worried. In fact, a lot of us iPad owners (I own 3) bought a Touchpad too. How does that hurt Apple sales? I had no plans to buy another tablet, but couldn't pass up the deal. I'd hazard to guess that less than 1% of those that did buy a TP may have bought it instead of an iPad. Hurt Apples revenue? It's hard not to chuckle at that statement.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
  19.    #19  
    Apple stole HP's slogan! What do you think this is? A happy coincidence?



    HP Using the Slogan
    http://www.hp.com/united-states/webo.../touchpad.html
    Apple Using the Same Slogan
    http://images.apple.com/dm/us/11/4831/i/ttl.gif

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
    you do realze that even with every single Touchpad that sold during the firesale (which was somewhere between 500,000 and 900,000) equated to less than one weeks worth of Apples iPad sales? I don't think Apple is to worried. In fact, a lot of us iPad owners (I own 3) bought a Touchpad too. How does that hurt Apple sales? I had no plans to buy another tablet, but couldn't pass up the deal. I'd hazard to guess that less than 1% of those that did buy a TP may have bought it instead of an iPad. Hurt Apples revenue? It's hard not to chuckle at that statement.
    Either Apple is worried, or they're going to be. Why else would they do it?

    Hurt Apple's revenue? Either they have (in a way), or they're going to. Why else would they do it?

    Not completely HURT, but Apple must see HP as some kind of threat.

    Why else would they do it?
    Last edited by DreamOWD; 09/17/2011 at 11:21 PM.
  20. bxborn31's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
    you do realze that even with every single Touchpad that sold during the firesale (which was somewhere between 500,000 and 900,000) equated to less than one weeks worth of Apples iPad sales? I don't think Apple is to worried. In fact, a lot of us iPad owners (I own 3) bought a Touchpad too. How does that hurt Apple sales? I had no plans to buy another tablet, but couldn't pass up the deal. I'd hazard to guess that less than 1% of those that did buy a TP may have bought it instead of an iPad. Hurt Apples revenue? It's hard not to chuckle at that statement.
    i think he means that if HP sold say 1.5 million touchpads starting from the fire sale up to october when they fill other orders that those 1.5 million people MIGHT have bought an iPad but instead bought a touchpad. so technically it does hurt their revenue since that could have been a million more ipads sold. BUT he also failed to mention that it also hurt samsung and asus and acers revenue too since some of those people might have wanted a galaxy tab or iconia or eee pad. but maybe thats not what he meant lol

    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions