Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jblather
  1.    #1  
    After going through steps in the "Getting Started" post, I somehow managed to break the web browser auto-complete function. Basically, I have a site in history, but when I start typing the URL, a thin blank box pops up below the address field. It is, as I said, completely blank.

I'm not in a private browsing mode, and have uninstalled that patch. Also uninstalled Max Blocker, and Remove Untrusted SSL.

Anything that I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated. Would hate to do a full erase for this kind of an issue. Thanks!
    After uninstalling Private Browsing, did you reboot?

I have this problem, too.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it has to do with installing the ThumbNav controls. I uninstalled it and the problem went away. I reinstalled ThumbNav and the problem came back. I did that four times over the space of two or three days.

Each time I uninstalled it, the problem went away and came back each time when I reinstalled it.

After reinstalling ThumbNav, the problem doesn't come back for quite a while. After uninstalling, the problem doesn't go away for a few minutes. Have to use the browser and view a few sites before the auto-suggest works again.

Again, I'm not sure that ThumbNav is causing this. I also restarted Luna and rebooted. So, dunno what's causing this.
    My touchpad is hacked to the hilt and I'm not experiencing any such issues. I have no idea what to suggest...

I use thumbnav and haven't experienced any loss of autocomplete... Hope someone has an answer that helps.........
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  4.    #4  
    Yes, I did install ThumbNav and subsequently uninstalled it and rebooted. Did a Luna restart, the device restart, and hard reset (holding home + power until in rebooted.) Nothing helps...
    Quote Originally Posted by elektronika5 View Post
    Yes, I did install ThumbNav and subsequently uninstalled it and rebooted. Did a Luna restart, the device restart, and hard reset (holding home + power until in rebooted.) Nothing helps...
    After rebooting, surf to a few places and also use your bookmarks a few times. That did the trick for me.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    After rebooting, surf to a few places and also use your bookmarks a few times. That did the trick for me.
    Well, it kind of worked, but not 100% of the time. Bookmarked pages SOMETIMES pop-up in the auto-suggest box, and some other times the same input produces a blank box.

Out of the instance when it kind of works, mostly bookmarked pages pop-up in the box, but not the pages in history.

Any agreement on what patch causes it? Is it really ThumbNav?

If I wanted to restore to factory defaults, WebOS Doctor is the only way?

Thanks!
    I think you need to keep using it for a while. Not sure why this is, but the more you surf, the more 'normal' it becomes. After a while, it works all the time. Just be patient. it may take quite a while (e.g. 15 minutes or more of going to different sites).

Maybe this is because the browser history gets corrupted and causes the failure. I dunno, I'm just guessing.

I don't really know if it's ThumbNav, but I noticed the auto-suggestion feature quit working shortly after I installed ThumbNav. It didn't happen right away, but quite some time later. Then I removed ThumbNav and the problem went away after a while after I rebooted - it didn't go away immediately.

I don't know much about webOS Doctor, sorry.
    I've been having the same issue myself, except only precentral.net completes auto oddly...
    Quote Originally Posted by elektronika5 View Post
    My TP has exactly the same issue. After I uninstalled ThumbNav and cleared browser history, cookie and cache, everything is ok now.
    I removed ThumbNav yesterday. The problem just came back, so I don't think it's ThumbNav.
    ebonie30000 likes this.
    Got the problem here, both with and without thumbnav.
    I found that the private browsing patch did this to me, regardless of whether it was enabled or not. I cleared cache and history, removed private browsing patch, restart Luna and now the problem is gone.