1.    #1  
    My dorm room doesn't have wifi access. What can I do to access the inernet with my touchpad? Thank you!
    tether to your phone?
    Does your dorm room have wired ethernet (via an ethernet cable)? If so, you can just buy a wireless access point, hook it up to the dorm building's ethernet and you're set.
  4.    #4  
    I have an iphone, but it is not jailbroken. Would that work?
  5.    #5  
    Yes there is ethernet, but is there a way without using a wireless router? It is quite difficult to set up
    Quote Originally Posted by macauboy View Post
    I have an iphone, but it is not jailbroken. Would that work?
    Is tethering enabled on your iPhone?
    HTC Sensation, HP TouchPad, iPod touch 4th generation ...
    Yes there is ethernet, but is there a way without using a wireless router? It is quite difficult to set up
    Nope, the TouchPad doesn't have a wired connection on it. The only connectivity option on the TouchPad is wireless.

Setting up wireless is not that hard.
    Use a Travel Wireless Router. Very easy to do, nearly plug and play.

Amazon.com: TRENDnet 300Mbps Wireless-N Travel Router Kit TEW-654TR (Black): Electronics
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    i've tried using this but it creates an ad-hoc network, at least on my computer, and TP has problems with that
    No way to make it create a regular network? If you can't use Connectify, Windows 7 has a way to make itself become an access point. Google that....
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post

Amazon.com: TRENDnet 300Mbps Wireless-N Travel Router Kit TEW-654TR (Black): Electronics
    If you want a compact travel router, I doubt you can beat this:
    Newegg.com - EDIMAX BR-6258n IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wireless Broadband Nano Router, Small Size Easy To Carry, With WAN & LAN Ports Supported It Also Works As Wireless Adapter To Turn Wired Network Device Into Wireless Connection

I have 2, and they work great. Should meet the OP's needs.
    my daughter's college forbids WiFi APs...and has detection equipment. Phone tethering is the only option in that case.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    my daughter's college forbids WiFi APs...and has detection equipment. Phone tethering is the only option in that case.
    This.

I battled with setting up wifi in my dorm for an entire year when I was a freshman. iPod touch had practically just come out and I missed the "remote" function I used at home.

ANYWAY, every time I made any headway getting my wireless up and running they would end up shutting me down. After talking with some of the I.T. Guys they said that "school only leases one I.P. per student at a time"

After some chatting with them they said wireless wasn't allowed, but not impossible *hint hint* unfortunately at the time, I was not capable of pulling off such a feat.

To answer your question, you will need to tether to your iPhone