View Poll Results: You should of had these attributes for at least 2 weeks before polling

Voters
393. You may not vote on this poll
  • My TP is Overclocked and Cracked

53 13.49%
  • My TP is Overclocked and NOT Cracked

226 57.51%
  • My TP is NOT Overclocked and is Cracked

45 11.45%
  • My TP is NOT Overclocked and NOT Cracked

69 17.56%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree20Likes
    I can conjecture two things; both of them are total WAGs:

People naturally rest the touchpad on their gut/boob/wang/whatever, and when it is in landscape mode with the button on the right (probably natural for most righties, in spite of the fact that makes the volume button inverted), the friction from dragging that speaker port lip tends to start a crack at the thinnest and most vulnerable spot. Some engineer types could tell me if this particular plastic has a "grain" or a reason why the tensile strength would cause the crack to go toward the screen rather than parallel to it.

2) temp variations of any kind. Mine happens to sit by the window, and the notorious Iowa weather can go from 30s to 90s in a day. Perhaps the expansion is a little wiggy in that particular spot, from mold seams or something. It cant be a problem that is endemic to the plastic only, or we'd have cracks around any orifice (haha). Got to be something unique to the common spot, which is why I buy the mold weld theory.

Id also like to compare serial numbers. Perhaps we should have done that.
    Quote Originally Posted by orthosophy View Post
    I can conjecture two things; both of them are total WAGs:

People naturally rest the touchpad on their gut/boob/wang/whatever, and when it is in landscape mode with the button on the right (probably natural for most righties, in spite of the fact that makes the volume button inverted), the friction from dragging that speaker port lip tends to start a crack at the thinnest and most vulnerable spot. Some engineer types could tell me if this particular plastic has a "grain" or a reason why the tensile strength would cause the crack to go toward the screen rather than parallel to it.

2) temp variations of any kind. Mine happens to sit by the window, and the notorious Iowa weather can go from 30s to 90s in a day. Perhaps the expansion is a little wiggy in that particular spot, from mold seams or something. It cant be a problem that is endemic to the plastic only, or we'd have cracks around any orifice (haha). Got to be something unique to the common spot, which is why I buy the mold weld theory.

Id also like to compare serial numbers. Perhaps we should have done that.
    That reminds me... when I received one of my Touchpads, the package was so hot that I had to use towels to take the Touchpad out of the box. The weather was hot that week, hovering around 100, and the UPS truck must have been sitting outdoors with all the packages inside over the weekend.(mine was delivered on a Monday) I guess this is unavoidable because I've seen the local UPS facilities, where their trucks are mostly parked outside. (comopared to the UPS facility in the city that I used to live, where UPS has a giant facility and all the trucks remain indoors during load/unloading or just parking over the weekend)

This was made worse because HP.com didn't double-box the Touchpad. It was shipped in a cardboard box almost exaclty the same size as the Touchpad's box. The one that I received from OnSale.com was double-boxed in a large cardbox with lots of cushioning.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234