1.    #1  
    So I got my TP back from HP yesterday completely wiped as I expected (not repaired though; new one coming in the mail next week via advance exchange) and I installed most of the recommended patches, killed logging, and installed uberkernel. The TP ran like a dream, with the best flash playback and smoothest experience I have had since I bought one. Fast forward to this morning; I left it on the touchstone overnight to charge (as it was about dead from the night before) I took it off and I was a bit confused. It was sluggish and not as smooth, especially with flash playback of the same videos I had watched last night. I tried a luna restart with no huge difference, then a restart, then a shut down and start up, and finally a hard reset; I still can;t reproduce the insane smoothness in everything I had last night. I changed nothing overnight, so I'm really confused as to why this is happening. Any ideas?
    I don't have the exact situation you have but I have noticed something weird about Touchstone charging. Mine will become sluggish and slow following a charge just like you mentioned but for me a simple Luna restart fixes it.

Wish I could be of more help but when I asked my question no one had seen it either...seems rare.