1.    #1  
    Hi -

My TP has not developed the notorious crack (yet) but it does concern me reading so many ppl have the issue. Do you think apply one of those Zagg/Skinomi/etc film on the back prevent cracking?
    Lets think about this, I don't have any cracks either, but out of maybe 1,000,000 units sold, how many actually have these cracks. Yes they are not pretty, but are they as widespread as it is led to believe..................?
    Quote Originally Posted by jewjenk View Post
    Lets think about this, I don't have any cracks either, but out of maybe 1,000,000 units sold, how many actually have these cracks. Yes they are not pretty, but are they as widespread as it is led to believe..................?
    Exactly. When a product sells a lot, there is always bound to be a few that have issues, but it's not as wide spread as it seems on this board. That said, I do have a stealth armour carbon fibre skin on the back of mine and a quality wet application screen protector. Both enable additional strength of the overall unit, while still allowing for some flex. I've already had a few minor drops/flops onto hard surfaces, with no I'll effects.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    I don't think so. When I put my fiance's Skinomi back on, I didn't see any cracks, but now he's got some very fine ones. I figure that they're in the small area not covered by the skin, where there's a bit of clearance around the speakers. My guess is that the skin will keep them from worsening (mine haven't gotten worse), but probably won't prevent them.