1.    #1  
    Hi all, thanks for the great community so far on the Touchpad, I've found everything from overclocking, best case reviews, and most recently, pairing my Android motorola phone with the Touchpad.

Might I ask if there is any available bluetooth profile which allows the Touchpad to tether a bluetooth internet connection to the phone?

I don't intend to use the Touchpad as my primary voice/text device, that's what my smaller pocketable phone is for.

I do, however, want to use my Touchpad as a daily information consumption driver, which means I would like to have an "always-on" internet device which I can pull news feeds, surf the internet from. Ideally, this would be a 3G device. But as the Touchpad has no 3G, the next best thing would be a battery-saving bluetooth connection from my phone.

Wifi tethering is an option, but battery draining and would not last more than a couple of hours.

Anyone can help shed light on this? The main "pairing" thread on bluetooth deals with texts/sms and voice calls, while I'm more interested in internet data tethering via bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    what you're thinking of is Bluetooth PAN protocol. This is currently not supported on the Touchpad.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    does your phone support a wifi connection?
    freetether lets me use bluetooth to connect my touchpad to my palm pre.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  5.    #5  
    I don't believe freetether lets you use your mobile phone's internet connectivity via bluetooth to surf the internet on the touchpad
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nbdylovesyou View Post
    I don't believe freetether lets you use your mobile phone's internet connectivity via bluetooth to surf the internet on the touchpad
    What we are trying to tell you is to use an application like freetether's WiFi connection to tether your TouchPad since Bluetooth PAN currently is not supported on the TouchPad.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47