Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By zigzagable
  1.    #1  
    the touchpad doesn't normally accept ad-hoc connections. there is a workaround for this and i can say that it works for me. first you must install Xecutah, XServer, and Xterm from preware. when those are installed go to the xecutah app and select XServer first and then go back to Xecutah and select Xterm. next start the tethering app on you phone. then you must go into you wifi settings and delete all of your remembered connections and restart wifi but don't connect to anything. finally enter each line of code (from below) into the terminal you have open. if everything goes right you should connect to you phone and be able to use the internet. hope this helps! and if you have any questions post to this thread.

code:

iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid WIFINAME
    dhclient eth0
    echo nameserver 8.8.8.8 >> /etc/resolv.conf
    echo nameserver 8.8.4.4 >> /etc/resolv.conf
    Last edited by zigzagable; 09/17/2011 at 09:03 PM.
    Hi,

I am also facing this problem (using Iphone + MyWi) my TP can't find any wifi AP.

base on your link "http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3151589" can't not access and may be death link.

shoould you have any workaround solution on that?

From Kuen94 (Hong Kong)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuen94 View Post
    Hi,

I am also facing this problem (using Iphone + MyWi) my TP can't find any wifi AP.

base on your link "http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3151589" can't not access and may be death link.

shoould you have any workaround solution on that?

From Kuen94 (Hong Kong)
    ok i edited the post. try it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzagable View Post
    ok i edited the post. try it now.

thanks a lot.

Can you write a step configure on there, share?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks for the effort, but it would be outstanding if this could be brought as an "app" somehow.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    This should be a Sticky!!!!
    "finally enter each line of code (from below) into the terminal you have open." Can you explain what you mean by "the terminal"? On the phone? On the TP? Also, since there are several lines of code, am I supposed to hit return after each line or type it as one long line?

I want to try this method, but I want to make sure i know what the jargon means before I attempt.

thanks!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Here's where this thread prob got its info- and a script is being developed to make the process easier here: [webOS] [GUIDE] Connect to an Ad-Hoc Network - Page 2 - xda-developers

Its still a bit messy and I haven't had chance to try it yet, but saving all commands in a .sh for quick n easy execution interests me lots!

You have to clear any current wifi profiles too for it to work. This would be a pain to do every single time you wanna tether after being connected to a proper (infrastructure) wifi connection.
    Surely a cheeky pre-patch could to this for us? Maybe I should teach myself how to dev patches myself! Anyone else out there wanna have a crack?
    Quote Originally Posted by kuen94 View Post
    thanks a lot.

Can you write a step configure on there, share?

Finally, I tested my 3GS with MyWi and PdaNet both are not work online tether with TP.
    If you're on Android.. Open Garden (free in market) works perfect to tether. You just have to start wifi tether, turn it off, then turn it on again. Works every time. Also, must have access control enabled and wifi encryption.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This did not work for my iPhone4 4.1 with MyWi4.0 (ad-hoc).
    Does anybody know how to use maps when connected with ad hoc wifi? Other apps don't work either.
    ugh, another thread? can a mod merge them?
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
    Just wanted to add (for whatever its worth) I was able to tether my touchPad (without doing any of the above steps) to a rooted EVO 4G running the "Wireless Tether" application.
    hello, i would like to ask you to help.
    i am trying to run and-hoc network tethering for TP (Nokia E7 with Joiku) but i have problem with basics it seems.

i have installed preware, xecutah with xserver and xterm automatically.

when i launch xecutah, i click i have read that... then minimalize, started xserver. back to xecutah - pressed "start Xterm". new window opened, landscape only. white screen with black txt, no keyboard visible. i go back to xserver - but there is nothing to do.

so, can you please advise me, how can i execute some commantds needed for activating ad-hoc mode?

I am trying this on my new touchpad, and I also want to make guide for slovak users of this device. thanks a lot for help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusnak-COBRA View Post
    hello, i would like to ask you to help.
    i am trying to run and-hoc network tethering for TP (Nokia E7 with Joiku) but i have problem with basics it seems.

i have installed preware, xecutah with xserver and xterm automatically.

when i launch xecutah, i click i have read that... then minimalize, started xserver. back to xecutah - pressed "start Xterm". new window opened, landscape only. white screen with black txt, no keyboard visible. i go back to xserver - but there is nothing to do.

so, can you please advise me, how can i execute some commantds needed for activating ad-hoc mode?

I am trying this on my new touchpad, and I also want to make guide for slovak users of this device. thanks a lot for help.
    Are you running webOS 3.04 and the latest xecutah, xserver and xterm? If you are, after you start xecutah and xterm, you should have a terminal card appearing after a few seconds of waiting.
    I am running HP webOS 3.0.0, as it was out of box.
    i can see some terminal window, as I wrote above, but I have no possibility to write there. no keyboard appeared.
    Editor-in-chief of SmartMobil.sk
    Symbian in Nokia fan
    lucky HP TouchPad owner (newbie)
    I am running HP webOS 3.0.0, as it was out of box.
    i can see some terminal window, as I wrote above, but I have no possibility to write there. no keyboard appeared.
    If you touch on the Terminal Window, the soft keyboard should appear. Btw, the latest webOS version should be 3.0.4. Go to settings, click on system updates to update it to the latest. After that, if still not working, I suggest you do a webdoctor on your TP.
    the only thing it does when i touch the screen in terminal window is selecting the rows of text. no keyboard...
    I'll try to update the system and then try it all again. I'm just still playing with original version to see what exactly did the update bring to me
    Thanks for now.
    P.S.: what does the webdoctor do?
    Editor-in-chief of SmartMobil.sk
    Symbian in Nokia fan
    lucky HP TouchPad owner (newbie)
    the only thing it does when i touch the screen in terminal window is selecting the rows of text. no keyboard...
    I'll try to update the system and then try it all again. I'm just still playing with original version to see what exactly did the update bring to me
    Thanks for now.
    P.S.: what does the webdoctor do?
    WD is like doing a hard reset to a fresh factory updated firmware.

My TP came with 3.0.2 and was able to use WiFi to connect to my Huawei modem and LG P500 to connect to internet.

FYI, 3.0.2 and 3.0.4 main improvement, ability to BT pair with non-webos smartphone.
    Last edited by tengheng; 10/31/2011 at 06:58 PM.