Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Seems that a CM7 dev did some testing on his TP.

    The results:

    TouchPad scored:


    •Linpack multi CPU: about 72 (average - three tests)
    •Linpack single CPU: about 42 (average - two tests)
    •Quadrant: 2753

    While these numbers may not reflect real world usage but they give you an idea.

    Compare TouchPad's (1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon) Quadrant score with these:

    •Motorola XOOM (1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual core CPU): 1855
    •Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (NVIDIA Tegra 2): 1674
    •Toshiba Thrive (NVIDIA Tegra 2): 1541
  2.    #2  
    PS, overclocked to 1.5Ghz, the scores will be even higher....
  3. #3  
    So if they get Android working well, the TP will overnight become the most powerful Android tablet on the market?
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
  4. #4  
    TBH, you are talking about Android based tablets here. Most smartphones run better.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
  5. jamex's Avatar
    Posts
    154 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    So if they get Android working well, the TP will overnight become the most powerful Android tablet on the market?
    Looks like we will be able to find out soon. Link
    Last edited by jamex; 09/17/2011 at 01:32 AM.
  6. coolqf's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #6  
    Are those comparing to stock android roms?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    Looks like we will be able to find out soon. Link
    That's an interesting benchmark. What is it supposed to test? The browser? On my laptop, it averages about 18 fps on Chrome. However, on Firefox, it's SMOKING fast: up to 40 fps. On the Touchpad, it's a decent 12-13 fps.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    So if they get Android working well, the TP will overnight become the most powerful Android tablet on the market?
    Well, you need only take a look at the stock hardware on other tablets to realize this.

    The touchpad can pretty easily handle upwards of 1.8ghz on most units running both cores and has a -really- nice gpu. At the moment, no android tablet that I know of can pull that off.

    So, once things are actually ironed out, yes. The touchpad is going to be an incredibly powerful android tablet and will likely remain in the "high end" of tablet capabilities for the next year or two (most of the "on the horizon" android tablets are rocking specs that the touchpad can more or less match).

    Hilarity ensues.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ribeyesteaks View Post
    That's an interesting benchmark. What is it supposed to test? The browser? On my laptop, it averages about 18 fps on Chrome. However, on Firefox, it's SMOKING fast: up to 40 fps. On the Touchpad, it's a decent 12-13 fps.
    I laughed at this when I fired the fish up in firefox. Maxed FPS with 1000 fish burning rubber around my screen. No idea *** this is testing but clearly my CPU is a bit overpowered for that benchmark.

    Makes me wonder why chrome is so slow though - barely breaking 20 fps in chrome and when I crank it up to 1000 fish chrome basically dies (4 fps). Weird...
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  10. jamex's Avatar
    Posts
    154 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ribeyesteaks View Post
    That's an interesting benchmark. What is it supposed to test? The browser? On my laptop, it averages about 18 fps on Chrome. However, on Firefox, it's SMOKING fast: up to 40 fps. On the Touchpad, it's a decent 12-13 fps.
    That was the wrong link but now fixed. Btw ie 9 with gpu acceleration performs the best.
  11. #11  
    You've neglected the fact that those other tablets you listed are all running Honeycomb while the Touchpad is using Gingerbread. They are also all pushing a higher resolution.

    It's not really a good comparison of hardware.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    You've neglected the fact that those other tablets you listed are all running Honeycomb while the Touchpad is using Gingerbread. They are also all pushing a higher resolution.

    It's not really a good comparison of hardware.
    It's a fine comparison of hardware. Go ahead and actually compare the specs.

    The processor on the touchpad isn't just competetive, it's -faster-. Even at stock speed. Bump it up to 1.8ghz (perfectly possible, mines running dual 1.8 right now) and there's no android tablet on the market that comes anywhere near touching it. Max clock I've seen on a galaxy tab for instance is 1.4ghz.

    The touchpad is also running a pretty damn strong gpu.

    Honeycomb is obviously closed and isn't likely to hit the touchpad, but once ICS hits the ground running the touchpad -should- be among the highest powered android tablets that run it. IF we get ICS dialed in on the device I'd imagine the touchpad will remain competetive among android tablets for the next couple of years, as funny as that may sound.

    Really the only thing the touchpad -won't- match is the slightly higher screen resolution, but at nearly 720P resolution I wouldn't exactly consider the touchpad to be lacking in this regard on a 10" tablet. I'm pretty excited about all of this.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    It's a fine comparison of hardware. Go ahead and actually compare the specs.
    I'm referring to the benchmark scores in the original post, and no it isn't a good comparison. Note that I didn't say the Touchpad didn't have better hardware, but that the Quadrant scores are a pretty inaccurate comparison of hardware performance due to the fact that the other tablets are using a slower, heavier OS and have a higher resolution.

    Those other tablets are pushing 30% more pixels than the Touchpad, so they would score lower even if the rest of the hardware was identical.
    Last edited by NuclearWinter; 09/17/2011 at 02:59 AM.
  14. #14  
    @ ncinerate: I am anxiously awaiting ICS to hit the streets and the TouchDroid team to get it ported over. My ipad2 will be placed on the back burner for quite some time whenever this happens... Please be soon! You hearing me Google!!!
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    I'm referring to the benchmark scores in the original post, and no it isn't a good comparison. Note that I didn't say the Touchpad didn't have better hardware, but that the Quadrant scores are a pretty inaccurate comparison of hardware performance due to the fact that the other tablets are using a slower, heavier OS and have a higher resolution.

    Those other tablets are pushing 30% more pixels than the Touchpad, so they would score lower even if the rest of the hardware was identical.
    The reason why they score lower is because they use a system on a chip that is basically designed for phones and then they up the resolution. If they had a dedicated gpu it would be a different story.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions