Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    The problem is when I install either F15c kernel or F14 my touchpad just does a restarting loop after the kernel boot screen.

I have updated to 3.0.2 and I have all the proper sources installed. Followed all the guides to overclock to 1.7 and 1.9 but no luck

I can unlock to 1.5GHZ with no problems

Andy
    that suggests that your CPU doesn't have the strength to run any fasted
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Have you heard of anyone else having this problem?
    have you tried warthog too? I know this is a dumb question, but just making sure you dl govnah. Youd be surprised some of the stuff you read on here.
    Last edited by vella_; 09/16/2011 at 08:40 PM.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Just installed warthog and its just hanging on the HP Logo now.

Webos Doctor here I come................. again >_<

I wish the overclock kernals started off at 1.2GHZ then I could try to creep up to see what speed I could stable get to.
    the palm is 1.2, but give it a sec if its hanging on the HP logo, it might load
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

my tp takes min and half to load

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I think its just doing the same thing as it did with F15C it would be scrolling through the code and just stop and not go any further then maybe restart. But with Warthog as there is not Linux boot screen its just hanging on the HP Logo as if its stopped in the code somewhere and cant proceed.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    guess I was just unlucky and received one of the 1% that cant go past 1.5GHZ
    id have to ask, if 1.5ghz works, why do you need faster, there are NO apps that require or need a massivly improved performance when you use a faster overclock.

if you were running some insane 3d enhanced super fps or something i could understand but nothing max's or slows down any touchpad app ive ever seen/heard of.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Wasn't that I need it, I was just curious to see what the 1.7 and 1.9 GHz Overclock was like. I think 1.5GHz is fine its a lot better than the 1.2 standard clock.
    read more messages about the kernels then, a lot wont go higher than 1.5 withotu causing issues, it was mentioned soem can handle it and some cant, and considerign what can happen to cpu's in the overclock world and the lack of replacements available, im definatly not risking it atm esp with no real gains.

but yeah the 1.2 jump to 1.5 is noticable if only on the menus/normal handling of the device.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm surprised they just didn't release the tab at 1.5GHz like the 64GB one was. The device seemed a bit laggy at 1.2GHz.