Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    So you love your Touchpad. Will you buy a Palm Pre so that the two can live in harmony with one another? :-) Just like iphone and iPad users.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    What if you came to a TouchPad because you already had had the Pre for two years prior, does that count?
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    scuba_steve and sledge007 like this.
    More like the other way around. Pre users were the first to adopt the tp
    FONdude and sledge007 like this.
    I already want the pre3 but that won't happen
    FONdude likes this.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Yea i bought a pre 2 because i liked the touchpad so much. Love the pre 2 also but man i wish they would have made the pre 3. I could really enjoy the bigger screen. Hopefully someday someone will license the OS and make a phone like the htc phones now with the huge screen lol
    mike5 likes this.
    methinks some of you are missing the gist of the OP's question.

I believe he's asking the newcomers to webOS via the TouchPad fire sale if, since they are now enjoying their TP, will they now be buying a Pre?

@tboy2000 I suggest you make a poll
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Lol. I stated my point wrong. I did buy the firesale touchpad and i liked it so much i bought the pre 2 because of that reason alone. Prior to i have never used webOS so yes i am one of those people he was asking about lol well until the iphone 5 comes out.....maybe
    I'm not inclined to buy any of the existing Pre phones. If there was a Verizon 4G Pre, I'd jump all over that. Now that I've had a taste of 4G, I could never go back to a strictly 3G phone.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Nope. I love my TP and do like WebOS, but nothing beats my jailbroken iphone4. except maybe a jailbroken iPhone 5 on iOS 5.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    No, I love my Touchpad at $99, but the lack of Netflix, Hulu (down for Touchpad yet again), website incompatibility problems (pizzahut.com bgr.com srpnet.com centrylink.com) makes it just to much of a compromise when paying full retail for a pre 2. My Motorola Droid which is 2 years old can do all of the above and is priced at the same price as a pre with all its limitations. What made me buy a TouchPad that it can do 90% of what the others can at 20% of the price, I don't see this same comparison with the pre.
    crucian4 and B-model#CB like this.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Yes. And I did. I replaced both my handsets (Android and WP7) with a HP Pre3 simply because I fell in love with webOS after I first used it on my TP. The fact the work well together is an added little bonus. The webOS simply rocks. Ps I've kept the Android as a backup handset, but I haven't had the need or desire to turn it on since getting the Pre 3.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    barenomore, crucian4 and mike5 like this.
    Yes. I wanted to get the Pixi Plus as a result of getting my TP.

This week, I looked at getting a Palm Pixi Plus on Verizon, but then saw that activation REQUIRES a data plan for that device.

Since I'm hardly ever out of wifi range, this didn't make sense for me to spend the enormous amount of money for the data plan that I'd never use. So I nixed the entire idea.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I have tried a lot of OSs. Iphone. Android. Windows phone 7. Currently I have a HD2 flashed to WP7 Mango. I love it. However part of me wants a webOS phone. Never tried one but love my Touchpad which I agree is better than Android. I have stopped using my Galaxy Tab 7" since getting the HP one. So I love WP7 and am tempted with the new HTC Titan (4.7" screen) but am SO curious with the Palm Pre 3. If only they made a bigger screen. Once you have gone big you could never downsize to 3.5" :-) And what's with the 8gig storage and no SD card slot? Crazy!

Anyway I heard the Pre 3 was reduced in price too to 49 but can I find one? Can I heck!
    nope. im sticking to android.
    Data Plan is a big negative to me. That is why I love my iPod Touch 4 and a cheap disposable cell phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    No, I love my Touchpad at $99, but the lack of Netflix, Hulu (down for Touchpad yet again), website incompatibility problems (pizzahut.com bgr.com srpnet.com centrylink.com) makes it just to much of a compromise when paying full retail for a pre 2. My Motorola Droid which is 2 years old can do all of the above and is priced at the same price as a pre with all its limitations. What made me buy a TouchPad that it can do 90% of what the others can at 20% of the price, I don't see this same comparison with the pre.
    ugh, pizzahut.com doesn't work? maybe that'll be my next app.. if i can make it work.. *thinks*

I don't use it often, but I love Pizza Hut's online ordering system. ANd I do have thier iPod app.

I'd get a webOS phone .. if there were anymore.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    I already want the pre3 but that won't happen
    What do you mena it won't happen?

I'm sure there is a way to get a free Pre 3. Well, it's technically free, in exchange for money.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Not a chance. Judging from what I see looks like Android will on the touchpad than the Os it was designed for.
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    So you love your Touchpad. Will you buy a Palm Pre so that the two can live in harmony with one another? :-) Just like iphone and iPad users.
    Nope. Loving my TP (writing this from it) but wouldn't give up my Galaxy S (Android) phone.

its screen rocks (rivals the iPhone 4 screen) and its sooo hackable/customizable.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    i wanted a pre 3. but i had to settle for my touchpad instead. loving it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast