1.    #1  
    Typing:
    I cannot type well at all on my 16GB TouchPad. It seems to miss key presses that registered with sound and often drops the first letter typed. It's driving me crazy. I am used to the excellent typing offered by the main competition. I can practically touch type on that thing.

Copy/Paste:
    I cannot get the TP to recognize that I want to tap on a word to "select" or "select all". What is the best way to do this?

Auto Correct:
    I cannot get the TP to recognize that I want to tap on what it has underlined as being gibberish (mostly from the above issues).

Selecting Text:
    I cannot get the cursor to the correct place if I want to change one letter in a word. Any tips?

I am Apple to the core; however, I am doing my damndest to find a bigger place in my heart for the TouchPad. Typing is an exercise in patience, to say the least! It seems that I have better luck using a left-hand digit to select items. Is there a setting to make the TP a right-handed tablet?

Thanks in advance-
    Gary
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    My only suggestion is to use pinch-to-zoom to get finer control of finger position.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    +1 that will alleviate your issues.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    My only suggestion is to use pinch-to-zoom to get finer control of finger position.
    Thank you for the suggestion! I may just gotten a bad panel. This one came from NewEgg. I have a 32GB one ordered thru HP. I've been charged, so I hope they are making more!

The iPad is my wife's technically, and I've taken it on a couple of trips. The TouchPad is MINE. If I can't fix my typing issues, the TP will have to stat home next trip :-(

Don't tell Apple I said this, but Flash is integrated well!
  5.    #5  
    perhaps my Apple BT keyboard would help?