1.    #1  
    Ok, yes I am an *****. I did not ensure my usb's would not power down during web os doctor installation. It did not properly install. So I now :

I have a permanently-on touchpad. Holding down the power key for 30 seconds does nothing. The logo remains on the screen. ( battery fully charged ).

I cant reinstall webos doctor, as when I log on to my account, there is no option so to do.

I have uninstalled the novacom driver in control panel but cant delete the palm folder as it tells me that Palm is still running. I have rebooted the Pc three times but still it says Palm is already running.

Struggling basically...HELP !
    Here you go, direct link to the doctor. Easy to find thanks to webOS Internals

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Many thanks

How would I ensure the touchpad does not shut down in the middle of installing webos doctor as I cant turn it off & reboot so that its settings are available to me.

In fact how will the installation work if the touchpad is stuck with the HP logo & will not move from that ?

Sorry chaps
  4.    #4  
    Downloaded weboc doctor again - but no way to instal it as the touchpad is stuck & I cant get it off the HP logo. WEBOS doctor is not detected therefore.

Is there a way to do a reset by holding down two keys together ?
    Sorry I am not up on the steps, but power button and center button should force a reboot, don't do this yet, let me pull up a thread for you.

Read this first. Personally I have never had to doctor, so I can only assist with what I have learned from the forums.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/How_To_Recover

This should help you with some of the common errors. If you run into any errors, post in this thread, but also I have included a link below to all the TouchPad specific threads that have "Doctor" in the subject. So there may be some information to help you there.

http://forums.precentral.net/search....rchid=17775058
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/16/2011 at 07:44 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    try this.
    let the touchpad stay on until the battery is completely out. Recharge tp. Make sure that you press the volume up key before you hit the power key. Turn it on in USB mode. Doctor it again. Make sure that your internet security is turned off when doctor your tp.

Don't worry about that your account is not showing the download option. This always happens when you reset and doctor your touchpad because this thing sends a signal to HP when you do that and your account gets reset as well.

It happened to me when I first doctored mine (hung at 61% forever). It worked like a charm the second time.