Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    my tp takes 75 sec. From when I push the button to get to the desktop. How long does yours take? I have the uber kernel and 1.5 clock.
    Not sure the definite time, but it's not fast lol. Also overclocked on uber kernal 1.5
    Forever...
    58 seconds. Mine has all the tweaks but no overclocking.
    Hard reboot: about 57 sec
    Luna restart: like 20 sec

I have patches installed but have not overclocked.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    A heck of a lot faster than my original Sprint Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanly2 View Post
    my tp takes 75 sec. From when I push the button to get to the desktop. How long does yours take? I have the uber kernel and 1.5 clock.
    90 seconds from pushing restart to desktop, uber kernel 1.5, many many patches, apps - 16GB tp
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I don't know. Long enough for me to abandon it for a while, get stuff done in the household and return to it later :P Once booted I am quite satisfied, if you leave the browsers inability to upload stuff out of the equation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    A heck of a lot faster than my original Sprint Pre.
    Pre2, Veer, and TouchPad all seem SUPER FAST to me.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Faster than my pre-
    I have f15 so I get some console stuff when I boot
    and then when you do get it booted up if you don't unlock and enter your password within 5 seconds the display goes into sleep mode until you hit the power or home button
    how often do you guys do a hard reset? I've had mine since before the fire sale and I've only had to reboot a handfull of times?!? Phantom f4 1.8Ghz dual core with all patches.
    My TouchPad takes 90 seconds to boot with F4 Phantom at 1.7 GHz. o_o

It seems to be stalling more than it used to, maybe because I filled up my TouchPad with 20 GB of stuff...or maybe due to a corrupt application installation. (had to force a reboot because it froze while installing an application)

It seems to stall when configuring the Wolfson WM8994 audio codec.
    83 secs from first 'HP' logo to desktop. F4 Phantom @ 1.8Ghz + approx 30 patches & 70 apps.

I've got into the habit of resetting every couple of days depending upon usage. Could probably go a lot longer than that though!
    I'm going to boot my iPhone and Touchpad at the same time. I'll see who wins.

iPhone. But the Touchpad has a nice startup sound..
    I would love to have a Touchpad...if for no other reason than to have a fast webOS device...my Pre+ takes over 6 minutes.
    I don't know, I hardly ever boot mine, when I install a patch I use a luna start and that is pretty fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I would love to have a Touchpad...if for no other reason than to have a fast webOS device...my Pre+ takes over 6 minutes.
    Even the 2.x phones reboot faster than Pre/Pre+
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    F15C-71 Eagle running at 1.836 OnDemandCtl.

Restart: 2 min 01 sec from pressing restart button
    Cold boot: 1 min 57 sec from first press of button
    Cold boot: 1 min 50 sec from HP logo
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/30/2011 at 02:43 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Certainly not long enough for me to worry about how long it takes. I think I could start, shut down and restart my TouchPad before my Palm Pre finishes starting up, in fact, I'm going to try that right now and see

Interesting, as I pushed the restart button, my Pre finished. Must be an illusion from all the linux commands scrolling from F-15, makes it look faster.
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/30/2011 at 03:03 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast