Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Normal startup: 40-50 seconds (I have no overclock or patches of F15)

I don't see why everyone thinks that's slow. My Motorola Xoom-tablet boots in 60 seconds, that's even longer than the TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I would love to have a Touchpad...if for no other reason than to have a fast webOS device...my Pre+ takes over 6 minutes.
    You need to doctor your Pre+ if it's taking that long. There is no way a properly functional Pre+ would take that long to boot.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Mine takes 74s (after pushing the start button). Fully patched up but not overclocked.
    a long time but then i dont fully turn it off much, tend to leave it on sleep unless a full reboot is required for whatever reason.
    2 minutes and 20 seconds

F4 kernel at 1.8 ghz with 100+ apps installed
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    My Touchpad booted up in 1 minute and 8 seconds. It's running stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Hard reboot: about 57 sec
    Luna restart: like 20 sec

I have patches installed but have not overclocked.
    Same time as me, bone stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    You need to doctor your Pre+ if it's taking that long. There is no way a properly functional Pre+ would take that long to boot.
    I haven't doctored yet...never done it so I'm a bit 'skeered' or 'scared' of the process and restoring all my data.

Anyway, I thought I would first try removing some apps to see if it had an effect on the boot time. It did. Before I was booting in about 6:20, and after removing about 15 apps, it takes 6:52. So much for that!

I've downloaded the doctor file for 1.4.5.1 VZW Pre+. Now I just need to find the definitive guide on using the doctor and recovering all my data. If anyone would like to point me in the right direction, I sure would appreciate the help!

I'm wondering if I have the longest boot time of any Palm phone device? Shouldn't there be a prize for that? Let's start a poll thread! Oh, this sort of is one already...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Faster than my HTC Evo.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12