Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    hello
    I have a few 32gb touchpads and 1 of the touchpads will not connect without the router sending out the ssid.
    the others are fine without the ssid.
    any tips to get it working without the ssid?
    they are up to 3.02.xx and all have the same patches and uberkernal applied.
    thanks
    Last edited by jack90125; 09/16/2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: clearer explanation
    Quote Originally Posted by jack90125 View Post
    hello
    I have a few 32gb touchpads and 1 of the touchpads will not connect without the router sending out the ssid.
    the others are fine without the ssid.
    any tips to get it working without the ssid?
    they are up to 3.02.xx and all have the same patches and uberkernal applied.
    thanks
    I've read others say they were able to do this. I can't say since I broadcast mine. Not broadcasting isn't any real security against someone who wants into your network. That's what WPA/AES with a nice long key is for.
    I have hooked up to wireless that do not broadcast SSID on my TP. Shouldn't take a hack or patch to do it either. I don't have it in front of me right now but all you have to do is give it the SSID of the unbroadcasted wireless connection.
    I misread the OP, yeah my SSID is not broadcast and both TP's connect fine.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    yes it will not see it or connect unless the ssid is broadcast. which is really odd as the others connect fine.
    never ran in to this with anything ever.
    thanks
    You won't "see" the network if the SSID isn't being broadcast since, well, nothing is being broadcast to see. But you should be able to connect if you put in the correct SSID.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    yep if broadcast no problem. turn ssid off and it will say no network. turn ssid back on and connects everywhere. stop ssid and looses connection. rinse and repeat.
    router name (ssid) is correct and the same as the others that have no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack90125 View Post
    yep if broadcast no problem. turn ssid off and it will say no network. turn ssid back on and connects everywhere. stop ssid and looses connection. rinse and repeat.
    router name (ssid) is correct and the same as the others that have no issues.
    Might I ask then why are you NOT broadcasting the SSID? If it's for security, it's not worth the hassle as it's really not going to stop someone who wants to get into your network. With the right tools they'll easily be able to see your network anyway. WPA or WPA2 with AES and a good strong key is the only real security.