Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 2 Post By jcerwinske
  1.    #1  
    how many Touchpads were sold before prices dropped to $99/$149?
  2. #2  
    they never released that info.
  3. rbyrne's Avatar
    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    how many Touchpads were sold before prices dropped to $99/$149?
    not a lot
  4. #4  
    A couple of thousand.
  5. #5  
    here is what published sources have said. Rumor was 25k at best buy. 15k in europe in july only is a published number by a good source. 2k in 3 days from one austrailan retailer. That's all the info I have seen. I think we can safely say over 50k, don't know if 100k though. Didn't seem that bad to me. Outsold all android tabs in europw in july, for example.
  6. #6  
    How many Touchpads were sold before prices dropped to $99/$149? None.
    How many Touchpads were sold after prices dropped to $99?/149? All.

    They just couldn't find that happy medium.
  7. #7  
    None? *Really? *SMH

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Rnp likes this.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    How many Touchpads were sold before prices dropped to $99/$149? None.
    How many Touchpads were sold after prices dropped to $99?/149? All.

    They just couldn't find that happy medium.
    I...I...apparently don't exist!

    *Sits down. Reflects on the nature of existence
    geekpeter and cj-m like this.
  9. #9  
    I...I...apparently don't exist!



    *Sits down. Reflects on the nature of existence
    There there now, it will be okay..

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  10. #10  
    wasn't it the 2nd best tablet sold in July?
  11. #11  
    i just browse ebay to see how many touchpad is available, and its crazy there tonne and tonne of touchpad on ebay, of poeple dont want it, just to resell it at big profit. i would imagine if they were still available for normal customer at low price. alot of pople would be really happy to have one. like me.
  12. #12  
    Before the price drop staples pretty much sold out everywhere the first weekend in August (I think that's when the $100 off sale was).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
    I...I...apparently don't exist!

    *Sits down. Reflects on the nature of existence
    grab me a chair will you, ill join you.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Before the price drop staples pretty much sold out everywhere the first weekend in August (I think that's when the $100 off sale was).
    I often wondered how many people would buy
    HP Touchpads as opposed to Palm Touchpads.

    (as in HP never bought Palm in the first place)
  15. #15  
    Definitely less than 100,000. I would guess between 50,000 - 75,000 worldwide before the fire sale.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I often wondered how many people would buy
    HP Touchpads as opposed to Palm Touchpads.

    (as in HP never bought Palm in the first place)
    Don't think we would have ever seen a TouchPad if HP hadn't bought Palm, sadly.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    ...I think we can safely say over 50k, don't know if 100k though. Didn't seem that bad to me. Outsold all android tabs in europw in july, for example.
    I remember the same. This numbers can illustrate how clueless HP was when they launched TP. Sales numbers for tablets except Ipad are in general bad, and HP thought they can go near Ipad's sales numbers with TP - device with so many flaws that in reality can't go near Asus Transformer or Acer's Iconia A500, first with build quality, then with feature set -both hardware and software. And, instead to be happy they managed to outsell Transformer (at least in Europe) a better device with lower price, HP discontinued TP.

Posting Permissions