Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I just entered on Hulu Plus and it says the same msg as before the fix - is not supported by my platform. Can anybody let me know if there is an updated or another fix?

That one was working just fine and now I cannot use it.... Please help!
    hulu blocked touchpad access
    is there a way to mimic the ipad user agent?
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    is there a way to mimic the ipad user agent?
    That wouldn't matter as seeing how the iPad doesn't play Hulu through its browser but rather through a dedicated app.
    that fix still works for cbs and ESPN3 so its not that bad.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    hulu blocked touchpad access
    I don't have Hulu, but why do they block a certain OS/Device?
    Quote Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
    I don't have Hulu, but why do they block a certain OS/Device?
    They block certain mobile devices so as to give incentive to buy their paid subscription. They are also looking to sell themselves and giving away services for free is not an attractive model for purchasers of companies.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    They block certain mobile devices so as to give incentive to buy their paid subscription. They are also looking to sell themselves and giving away services for free is not an attractive model for purchasers of companies.
    This isn't true. If you read the OP, he says that Hulu Plus is now blocked. That is their paid service. They are even blocking their paid service from mobile devices. It's a matter of licensing from their content providers.
    For example, the only way you can watch Hulu on an iPad is through Hulu Plus, which is a paid subscription. Having access through the TP for free is a positive advantage, but that's gone away.
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    This isn't true. If you read the OP, he says that Hulu Plus is now blocked. That is their paid service. They are even blocking their paid service from mobile devices. It's a matter of licensing from their content providers.
    Sorry, thanks for the correction. From your comments, sounds like Hulu did not want to pay additional fees to the content providers to license on various mobile platforms.
    Yup. I noticed last night that the patch wasn't working. Sucktastic.
    Sorry, thanks for the correction. From your comments, sounds like Hulu did not want to pay additional fees to the content providers to license on various mobile platforms.
    and they even wonder about why we have to fileshare their content...it's like they are begging us to any chance they get!
    Because there are so many people with touchpads? This just doesn't make sense. If a user is watching your content, why does their 'browser' matter- my touchpad browser should be no different than my firefox browser- as far as their concerned.

If they want to market apps and sell them, great- but they should treat that the same way they do paid service on a desktop.

They probably block ipads on a free basis because of 3g networks, and the wireless providers.

Last I checked, my tp does not have 3g.

<<mod delete>>

BTW - I've been loooking - is Amazon Prime working for people?

Thanks!
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/16/2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: language
    Hulu works fine and is mostly free on the regular computer i have in my home theater system. Its weird that that same set up wont work on a tablet.
    If they keep this up I'm gonna cancel my hulu plus subscription, I swear to god I will.
    ps. How long before we get a new patch for this?
    So I assume its safe to remove hulu fix patch now or is it possible a new update will fix it again?
    Amazon Prime works like a champ.
    shanpalm61 and screwu2man like this.
    No wonder Netflix outshines Hulu, pay for a subscription and you can get Netflix on just about anything. Nad to think I was just about to upgrade my Hulu account to Hulu Plus...........fagettaboutit...
    Quote Originally Posted by jewjenk View Post
    No wonder Netflix outshines Hulu, pay for a subscription and you can get Netflix on just about anything. Nad to think I was just about to upgrade my Hulu account to Hulu Plus...........fagettaboutit...
    netflix doesn't work on the touchpad either
    I agree, Amazon Prime is great!
    mtwow789 and screwu2man like this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast