Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1.    #1  
    How much will a sealed brand-new Touchpad cost on Ebay in Feb 2012 and/or Aug 2012?
    (assuming HP doesn't change its mind again)
    Hmmm... old, unused, tech gadget... $50?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turbokenta View Post
    Hmmm... old, unused, tech gadget... $50?
    You say unused like it's a bad thing, lol... I'd say it'd go for about what it's going now. (in Feb at least...)
    $200
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Not much since by that time Webos would be discontinued and much better tablets will on the market. The prices should come down a little.
    most tablets coming out are priced 500+, in this economy a lot of people would pay half that for the touchpad.
    I'm waiting til Christmas to unload my touchpads
    Ide Say anywhere from 200-300$ sound about right.
    I'll bid a dollar, Bob!
    SmartFah likes this.
    by then about $150. Also depends on if anyone buys WEBOS or not.
    fwinst likes this.
    Don't expect it to be more than 100$ - if Android port succeds it'll push the price for a while - but i doubt that to happen any time soon...
    The firesale pushed webOS like no other marketing action before - but the public attendance only last for a while...
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arctic_mobile View Post
    Don't expect it to be more than 100$ - if Android port succeds it'll push the price for a while - but i doubt that to happen any time soon...
    The firesale pushed webOS like no other marketing action before - but the public attendance only last for a while...
    sure.

you know what $100 buys you?

a 7" underpowered resistive touchscreen Android tablet designed in china.

a chumby one

a sony dash

--

an hp touchpad is not in this league.
    kurt178 and magnets like this.
    around 200 i guess. its a fully operation tablet with a kindle reader, office suite and browser/email. you can find that below the 300$ mark anywhere.
    WHY? Unless you are one of those people who bought up 10 or 20 of them and hoped to make a killing later....................because of the greed of those who did, I hope the price drops to $20. Only fools will pay over the liquidation prices...............
    ronlongo and iboost79 like this.
    Honest- the thing might not sell, esp. August 2012.

It will either be a dead platform, or a real manufacturer (HTC, Samsung?) will be cranking out webOS devices on rock solid hardware (please!) that put the HP TP to shame.

If its dead - then really you are looking at a group of diehards who might have a TP that dies who want to replace theirs.

As far as I'm concerned - if I'm in that boat, I'm probably not buying a TP again, but will go pony up real cash for an iPad 3 with retina display, and a whole world of apps, and the support of an updated OS.
    these things are hard to predict.

there are already new tablet out for 299. The price of most none-apple tablets will drop further.

once firesale ends, people will cool down and evaluate the product as it is.

by Feb, will it still be actively supported? If its a dead product, who will pony up $200 for it?

if you want to sell it, do it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    Honest- the thing might not sell, esp. August 2012.

It will either be a dead platform, or a real manufacturer (HTC, Samsung?) will be cranking out webOS devices on rock solid hardware (please!) that put the HP TP to shame.

If its dead - then really you are looking at a group of diehards who might have a TP that dies who want to replace theirs.

As far as I'm concerned - if I'm in that boat, I'm probably not buying a TP again, but will go pony up real cash for an iPad 3 with retina display, and a whole world of apps, and the support of an updated OS.
    Yep. Either way, no real reason to buy a TouchPad for more than $100. Wifi version of this (Features | fusiongarage) will be $299 when it goes on sale. Think about what $299 (or even 199) will get you 12 months from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewjenk View Post
    Only fools will pay over the liquidation prices...............
    Or people that really want one and have/had no change to get one any other way then through eBay or shops-that-have-stock-because-they-didnt-discount ...

/me is in NL, and some ask 500 (> U$ 680) here ...
    If you are lucky you'll get the fire sale price you psid. Maybe take a loss. I hope esprcially if you bought multiples to resell.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    If you are lucky you'll get the fire sale price you psid. Maybe take a loss. I hope esprcially if you bought multiples to resell.
    I searched the completed eBay listings for Touchpads. (either sold or unsold)

It doesn't seem to be a very large number... just under 7000 for 16GB/32GB
    Touchpads combined in the last 30 days.

Unless there are other places where people are reselling Touchpads? I can't
    imagine there being that many on Craigslist?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast