Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    7000 isn't a large number of Touchpad sales on ebay? I think it is. I really do hope the people that are trying to make huge profits on firesale Touchpads lose money. There are people that really wanted one that couldn't get one because of them.
    mjkjr, Tyronians and iboost79 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    I'm waiting til Christmas to unload my touchpads
    ^ like this guy here... Really man, I hope you lose money on every unit.
    mjkjr, Tyronians and ariker01 like this.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    ^ like this guy here... Really man, I hope you lose money on every unit.

agree
    mjkjr and iboost79 like this.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    7000 isn't a large number of Touchpad sales on ebay? I think it is. I really do hope the people that are trying to make huge profits on firesale Touchpads lose money. There are people that really wanted one that couldn't get one because of them.
    but didn't HP sell 700,000 or more Touchpads since the firesale started? comapred to 700,000, the 7,000 Touchpads dont' seen that many. or is my math wrong?
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    but didn't HP sell 700,000 or more Touchpads since the firesale started? comapred to 700,000, the 7,000 Touchpads dont' seen that many. or is my math wrong?
    Yeah, but not everyone that bought one put it on eBay.

Searching CraigsList this week, I can now pick up a brand new, sealed TP for as little as $175.00. Used ones for as little as 150.00 (16 GB prices). I've been e-mailing the people that have used ones for sale, and the response is that they got it because of the $99.00, and they don't need or want it.
    I think Amazon tablet will hit the market around this holiday season. And everyone is saying they will put the price around $250. And I believe all other tablet competitors have to respond with that price line. By early next year, I believe we will see tons of good tablets with that kind of price, $250ish. I think for those people who is trying to make money out of TouchPad, you should put your touchPad on Ebay before this holiday season.
    Lithium-ion battery has a limited shelf life, especially build-in/always connected to circuitry. If it would be depleted too low for too long (because of no charging) this would kill battery in no time. Well, even when device is turned off it still consumes some amount of electricity, small amount but still... So, it will depends, for how long half-charged (at factory) battery can supply that current.

Cell phones shipped with battery removed but with tablet this is not the case... so, keeping it "sealed" for too long would age battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I think Amazon tablet will hit the market around this holiday season. And everyone is saying they will put the price around $250. And I believe all other tablet competitors have to respond with that price line. By early next year, I believe we will see tons of good tablets with that kind of price, $250ish. I think for those people who is trying to make money out of TouchPad, you should put your touchPad on Ebay before this holiday season.
    Yeah, I'd say as soon as possible. The best time already passed.
    There are about 1200 TouchPads currently listed on ebay.

Sep 12, 2011 - 8:51 PM Pacific Ticker:
    HPQ32gb (-8.00) - At this point in time, the lowest Buy It Now price from an eBay Top-rated seller for an item like yours in New condition is $274.00. There currently may be a lower price than this from other sellers on eBay. eBay makes no representation that any item will sell for a particular price.
    HPQ16gb (-0.00) - At this point in time, the lowest Buy It Now price from an eBay Top-rated seller for an item like yours in New condition is $249.95. There currently may be a lower price than this from other sellers on eBay. eBay makes no representation that any item will sell for a particular price.
    16gb Listings 452
    32gb Listings 578

Sep 13, 2011 - 8:40 PM Pacific Ticker:
    HPQ32gb (+8.00) - At this point in time, the lowest Buy It Now price from an eBay Top-rated seller for an item like yours in New condition is $282.00. There currently may be a lower price than this from other sellers on eBay. eBay makes no representation that any item will sell for a particular price.
    HPQ16gb (-0.00) - At this point in time, the lowest Buy It Now price from an eBay Top-rated seller for an item like yours in New condition is $249.95. There currently may be a lower price than this from other sellers on eBay. eBay makes no representation that any item will sell for a particular price.
    16gb Listings 455
    32gb Listings 601

Sep 14, 2011 - 7:24 PM Pacific Ticker:
    HPQ32gb (-8.01) - At this point in time, the lowest Buy It Now price from an eBay Top-rated seller for an item like yours in New condition is $273.99. There currently may be a lower price than this from other sellers on eBay. eBay makes no representation that any item will sell for a particular price.
    HPQ16gb (-12.00) - At this point in time, the lowest Buy It Now price from an eBay Top-rated seller for an item like yours in New condition is $237.95. There currently may be a lower price than this from other sellers on eBay. eBay makes no representation that any item will sell for a particular price.
    16gb Listings 488
    32gb Listings 650

Sep 15, 2011 - 6:15 PM Pacific Ticker:
    HPQ32gb (0.00) - At this point in time, the lowest Buy It Now price from an eBay Top-rated seller for an item like yours in New condition is $273.99. There currently may be a lower price than this from other sellers on eBay. eBay makes no representation that any item will sell for a particular price.
    HPQ16gb (+1.05) - At this point in time, the lowest Buy It Now price from an eBay Top-rated seller for an item like yours in New condition is $239.00. There currently may be a lower price than this from other sellers on eBay. eBay makes no representation that any item will sell for a particular price.
    16gb Listings 488
    32gb Listings 765

Source
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    $200 tops if Android is successfully ported over by then. Otherwise $100.
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    Let's keep this discussion civil, please. Talk about the TouchPad and not each other. Thanks.

<<thread cleaned>>
    Nokia N900s seem to still be selling for like 125-150 on ebay used. This was released in 2009 I think and also has a now dead OS, Maemo (though I don't know as much about the situation so maybe I am missing important facts here). Still, I can't imagine touchpad prices falling to less than say 180 for the next year even if no one picks up webOS and I would guess it will probably be more like 200.
    Dang there are a lot of uptight people here.
    If you didn't get one SORRY but thats how it goes.
    No need to attack anyone else for their good fortune.

I predict the TP will stay around $200(16) - $250(32) until there are no more new ones available which won't be long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    How much will a sealed brand-new Touchpad cost on Ebay in Feb 2012 and/or Aug 2012?
    (assuming HP doesn't change its mind again)
    I'll give you $109 for one of the 50 or so you must be sitting on right now... That will give you a 10% profit over what you paid.
    mjkjr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    Dang there are a lot of uptight people here.
    If you didn't get one SORRY but thats how it goes.
    No need to attack anyone else for their good fortune.

I predict the TP will stay around $200(16) - $250(32) until there are no more new ones available which won't be long.
    Don't think anyone is attacking people for their good fortune. But if a person had the good fortune to buy a bunch (and no, not everyone had an even shot at getting them) then comes here to boast about how they plan to gouge webOS fans for 2.5 times the price, you should expect people to be unhappy.

I have no problem with people making a modest profit, but some of what being done, while legal, is morally dubious.

And no, it's not a necessity, like food or water, and it is true I don't need one. That is why, if I can't get one for a reasonable price I won't buy one. And I do hope those people get stuck holding a boatload of Touchpads. If HP doesn't get on the ball, it won't matter in a year anyway. If they do sell to a quality hardware maker, I'll buy something better.

Warning to you hoarders - in 18 months maximum, these Touchpads will have as much value as 'never used' Treo on the general market.(Though fans will still be willing to buy). Androids OS will have likewise moved on to better things than this hardware can provide in a port.

I'll buy one then... at half of the firesale price.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    mjkjr and Pitxitxita like this.
    In Feb they might go for about the price they are going by now.

In August I think they will drop quite a bit. By them the next gen tablets will be out which I think will not only have better hardware specs but I think the remaining "non-Apple" players will have learned that they need to lower their price point if they want to stay in the game. So I don't think a TouchPad 16gb will still be able to fetch $250 when you can get a then current gen android tablet that probably is quad-core, possibly has a double resolution screen, already runs the current version of ICS or Jelly Bean, has a warranty and is supported for $100 or $150 more.
    Quote Originally Posted by azentropy View Post
    In Feb they might go for about the price they are going by now.

In August I think they will drop quite a bit. By them the next gen tablets will be out which I think will not only have better hardware specs but I think the remaining "non-Apple" players will have learned that they need to lower their price point if they want to stay in the game. So I don't think a TouchPad 16gb will still be able to fetch $250 when you can get a then current gen android tablet that probably is quad-core, possibly has a double resolution screen, already runs the current version of ICS or Jelly Bean, has a warranty and is supported for $100 or $150 more.
    Yep. Even if you couldn't get a quad core tablet, Transformer 1s will probably still be available at a reduced price. I could see them selling those at 250-299 and introducing Transformer 2s at 399 and 499.

I'd sell the TP while it's still hot.
    By Feb or August of next year, even a new, unopened TouchPad won't sell for much. It'll probably be the same as the firesale price. Anyone hoarding these things, expecting to make a killing off them in the future better sell them now while they can.

By then, people will be going nutz over the iPad 3 w/ it's retina display & other unicorn features. They'll be tons of new Android tablets on the market with killer features.

The only people willing to pay a premium for a TouchPad are right here on these forums; the die hard webOS fans. I doubt anyone else will pay much for a TouchPad come 6 months - 1yr from now.
    DeadVim likes this.
    I look forward to picking up another one when the price comes back down.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    By Feb or August of next year, even a new, unopened TouchPad won't sell for much. It'll probably be the same as the firesale price. Anyone hoarding these things, expecting to make a killing off them in the future better sell them now while they can.

By then, people will be going nutz over the iPad 3 w/ it's retina display & other unicorn features. They'll be tons of new Android tablets on the market with killer features.

The only people willing to pay a premium for a TouchPad are right here on these forums; the die hard webOS fans. I doubt anyone else will pay much for a TouchPad come 6 months - 1yr from now.
    I agree with that, technology marches on at a blistering pace and the next big thing has long been in the pipeline before it reaches the shelves.

If I wanted to offload (and I don't) it would be before Christmas.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast