Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By c000
  • 1 Post By reaganelephant
  1.    #1  
    pretty fed up with this thing. WebOS is great, multitasking is amazing, the TP is well designed (and was cheap), but I have no use for it since there are no good free apps, and no way to test any of the paid apps. Anyone know of a list of good free apps? (thanks, I know about the "free" button in the catalog).

Until there's something to do with this thing, I await the android port.
    what apps do you want? We can make recommendations if we know what you need yo do.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what apps do you want? We can make recommendations if we know what you need yo do.
    How about a few polished looking games, like mahjong and sudoku. And some drawing/photo editing tools. For starters
    There are plenty of polished games. Just look through the app descriptions, screenshots and customer reviews not just ratings. It's typically pretty easy to distinguish great games. My personal favorites (some are paid, some are free) are Robotek HD, Asphalt 6, Solitaire and Word Search.

As for drawing there is Just Draw (free) but it needs some feature updates. I recommend using the web app Pixlr.com; very feature-rich especially when used with a stylus and in full screen mode. Photo editing, there is Photofun (paid).
    I am, therefore I think
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    guess you were too lazy to do a search http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...free-apps.html
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    What is it about Android people being so cheap? I don't think a few bucks for an app is a big deal. People will drop $5 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks but a useful app that will be used daily for months or more can't be justified for $3? Its all about perspective.
    noseph likes this.
    Digital media by design "can" be distributed unlimited times. A starbucks cup of coffee is a tangible 1-time thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    What is it about Android people being so cheap? I don't think a few bucks for an app is a big deal. People will drop $5 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks but a useful app that will be used daily for months or more can't be justified for $3? Its all about perspective.
    I like the fact that most android apps have a free version that I can try out before I pay money for an app.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    And besides that, the app you buy won't have been so burnt that all semblance of its nominal, anticipated flavour has departed.

Seriously oemleria, in addition to solitaire, I like Softick Freecell HD, Softick Pyramid HD, Crossword Light 2, and Differences. Your profile doesn't state where you are from, but there are promo codes available. Currently there is one for Canada, Ireland and (I think) Germany, that lets you download Big Boss at no charge.