Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes
    Igor987, I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble. Do you have another micro USB cable you can try? Also, you might want to make sure it's out of the low-level mode by doing the Power + 20 presses of the Center button, then leave the TP plugged into the wall adapter for an extended period of time (few hours, at least).

Of course, there is the possibility that something is actually fried in your TP, the wall charger, the cable or the micro USB jack on the TP. I think I mentioned the flood-damaged TPs being sold on eBay. I unknowingly purchased one that actually worked when it arrived. I went out of town the next day, and when I returned a month later, the TP was fried, and trapped in a self-test mode. I cracked it open to find the boards and switches covered with corrosion and obvious signs of water damage. It had been submerged in the flood and had an ounce or two of water sloshing around inside. When it was laying flat, the water collected safely under the battery, without touching any circuitry, but unfortunately, it was left on my desk at a slight angle. The water collected in the corner between the Power and Volume Buttons.

All of that was to say that a flood-damaged TP from eBay may work for a short time after the flood.

I know it's frustrating, but you're doing exactly what you should be doing: exhausting all of the possibilities that are within your control. If you get to the point where you do have to call HP, you'll be able to honestly chronicle your attempts to revive it.

Also, don't take the possibility of a bad USB cable too lightly. I've read posts here complaining about a bad HP USB cable, and I've seen bad Apple USB cables that will connect to iTunes just fine, but won't connect to a charger. (On the iPad, I actually get a message saying something to the effect that the connection is not capable/compatible for charging.)

Good luck, and please keep us posted on your progress.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Touch View Post
    Igor987, I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble. Do you have another micro USB cable you can try? Also, you might want to make sure it's out of the low-level mode by doing the Power + 20 presses of the Center button, then leave the TP plugged into the wall adapter for an extended period of time (few hours, at least).

Of course, there is the possibility that something is actually fried in your TP, the wall charger, the cable or the micro USB jack on the TP. I think I mentioned the flood-damaged TPs being sold on eBay. I unknowingly purchased one that actually worked when it arrived. I went out of town the next day, and when I returned a month later, the TP was fried, and trapped in a self-test mode. I cracked it open to find the boards and switches covered with corrosion and obvious signs of water damage. It had been submerged in the flood and had an ounce or two of water sloshing around inside. When it was laying flat, the water collected safely under the battery, without touching any circuitry, but unfortunately, it was left on my desk at a slight angle. The water collected in the corner between the Power and Volume Buttons.

All of that was to say that a flood-damaged TP from eBay may work for a short time after the flood.

I know it's frustrating, but you're doing exactly what you should be doing: exhausting all of the possibilities that are within your control. If you get to the point where you do have to call HP, you'll be able to honestly chronicle your attempts to revive it.

Also, don't take the possibility of a bad USB cable too lightly. I've read posts here complaining about a bad HP USB cable, and I've seen bad Apple USB cables that will connect to iTunes just fine, but won't connect to a charger. (On the iPad, I actually get a message saying something to the effect that the connection is not capable/compatible for charging.)

Good luck, and please keep us posted on your progress.
    I finally gave up and called HP. A box is on the way.
    Treo 650, Sprint Pre-, Sprint FrankenPre2, AT&T Pre3 and Touchpad X 3
    @Donottouch - Mine appears to be in the exactly as described here (same boat) - I can't get it to turn warm / start charging on the PC USB charger. I've tried all your tricks, anyone else have any luck getting one to start charging / back turn warm?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    @Donottouch - Mine appears to be in the exactly as described here (same boat) - I can't get it to turn warm / start charging on the PC USB charger. I've tried all your tricks, anyone else have any luck getting one to start charging / back turn warm?
    update - mine turns warm now (which it wouldn't initially) when plugged into USB following procedures mentioned in this thread. But I've left it like that for 24 hrs and then to TP charger without improvement. Will try leaving plugged into USB slow charge for several days and report back if any luck.
    I've followed all advice (except connecting to computer as I own a Mac)... I might not be patient enough. The various button press combinations have seemed to somehow revive the home button. However... I still can't seem to get anything on the screen. I know that the charger is working as it does charge other Touchpad (2 daughters... one TP works... the other doesn't... lots of fighting going on). So... I'm feeling hope that light is on (back and forth movement) however... has bee charging for several hours and no improvement noted!!! HELP! Must I be more patient or is this TP dead? Any input very much appreciated!!!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234