Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    So, had a Pre launch day and been a WebOS fan since. I scored a 32gb TP during the fire sale and its everything I thought it could be, love it! My question, I'm coming into a 64GB white elephant in a couple days, besides the obvious 64gb size and 1.5Ghz CPU speed, is there any other difference from it and it's 32gb and 16gb brothers?

    I have an iPad 1 also, and have had plenty of time to make a comparison. I describe the iPad as an "app delivery device". It provides a lot of apps that to a lot of different thing. The TP is more "computer like". All the basics are there, with some app support. My personal, biggest iPad gripe is solved with the TP, I'm not eternally tethered to iTunes! I don't use iTunes, I don't like iTunes and I HATED having to use it for EVERYTHING (outside of app use).

    Just my .02
  2. bable's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #2  
    The whites are just the same as the blacks, only bigger and faster at factory defaults...
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  3. #3  
    May I ask where you scored the 64gb. I have 32gb but been on the lookout for 64gb at a good price.
  4. anandv76's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderbread57 View Post
    May I ask where you scored the 64gb. I have 32gb but been on the lookout for 64gb at a good price.
    +1
  5.    #5  
    im embarrassed to admit...ebay. i was able to sell my 32gb to a buddy and got the 64gb on ebay. I wasn't crazy about shelling out the $$$ for a 64gb, but, you know how it goes...bigger, better, faster. After totally falling in love with my 32gb and using it all the time, i felt, ****** it, let's go all out.
  6. #6  
    I also bought mine on EBay. Definitely an impulse buy for the uniqueness. Number 70 of 200. I have not opened it yet so if anyone wants to make a reasonable offer PM me. I didn't get it at firesale prices. Just tryin to decide what to do without it before I open the box.
  7. #7  
    how did you know it was 70 of 200?
  8. ac921ol's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #8  
    what was the price of this so called white elephant?
  9. #9  
    It actually came in the original packaging from HP. It arrived in the brown box from HP with return shipping info to HP. On the label with the serial number etc it stated number 70 of 200. I believe this is the box they would ship them to retailers in. Inside the brown box it was sealed in the white Touchpad box that you would get off the shelf.

    I had never seen the original HP packin from the manufacturer so this was a first for me. So I do believe that they only made 200 for the US market.
  10. #10  
    Your comments about itunes is soooo misleading that i have my doubts that you actually own an ipad. Ive had the ipad1 and now have the ipad2 (and a fire sale tp) and in all the time ive owned ipads ive probably been to itunes no more than 4 times to either upgrade the ios or some othef routine matter like syching my apps. I do agree with one thing you did say -- that the tp is more like a vomputer but i will add a computer running dos.



    Quote Originally Posted by arachnoman666 View Post
    So, had a Pre launch day and been a WebOS fan since. I scored a 32gb TP during the fire sale and its everything I thought it could be, love it! My question, I'm coming into a 64GB white elephant in a couple days, besides the obvious 64gb size and 1.5Ghz CPU speed, is there any other difference from it and it's 32gb and 16gb brothers?

    I have an iPad 1 also, and have had plenty of time to make a comparison. I describe the iPad as an "app delivery device". It provides a lot of apps that to a lot of different thing. The TP is more "computer like". All the basics are there, with some app support. My personal, biggest iPad gripe is solved with the TP, I'm not eternally tethered to iTunes! I don't use iTunes, I don't like iTunes and I HATED having to use it for EVERYTHING (outside of app use).

    Just my .02
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by arachnoman666 View Post
    im embarrassed to admit...ebay. i was able to sell my 32gb to a buddy and got the 64gb on ebay. I wasn't crazy about shelling out the $$$ for a 64gb, but, you know how it goes...bigger, better, faster. After totally falling in love with my 32gb and using it all the time, i felt, ****** it, let's go all out.
    Why in the wide wide world of sports woukd you need a 64gb tp? Theres not even that much to put on a 16gb tp. I bought a 32 gb tp fire sale and downloaded just about every conceivable USABLE app patch etc etc and still have 28gb left. i have a 16gb ipad2 with literally TONS of apps in nice neat FOLDERS -- camerad, movies, internet radio, word processors et etc -- and still have like 12 gb left. i might go for a 32 gb ipad3. If i can pick up another firesale tp it will be a 16 gb for my wife as bavkup to her ipad2.
  12.    #12  
    Just got my new 64GB White Elephant, when I entered my HP account info into it, it automatically downloaded and installed ALL my apps from the HP catalog INCLUDING, all my custom settings for each i.e. RSS feeds etc. I'm actually amazed how painless transferring my account from my 32gb to my 64gb was. My buddy bought my 32gb from me after he seen how cool the TP is, for what it does. So, I converted a die-hard iApple guy, to at least monkey around with the TP.
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
  13. #13  
    Congrats! You really have a rare piece of HW in your hands. So, enjoy it!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Your comments about itunes is soooo misleading that i have my doubts that you actually own an ipad. Ive had the ipad1 and now have the ipad2 (and a fire sale tp) and in all the time ive owned ipads ive probably been to itunes no more than 4 times to either upgrade the ios or some othef routine matter like syching my apps. I do agree with one thing you did say -- that the tp is more like a vomputer but i will add a computer running dos.
    LOL, i do have an iPad1, not quite sure why you think I'd lie about that, but....what i meant about iTunes is if i wanted to put music, or movies on it, it all had to be done through iTunes including OS updates, Unlike the TP, where I can just drag and drop with the hassle.
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
  15. #15  
    Elephant? You mean Panda?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Why in the wide wide world of sports woukd you need a 64gb tp? Theres not even that much to put on a 16gb tp. I bought a 32 gb tp fire sale and downloaded just about every conceivable USABLE app patch etc etc and still have 28gb left. i have a 16gb ipad2 with literally TONS of apps in nice neat FOLDERS -- camerad, movies, internet radio, word processors et etc -- and still have like 12 gb left. i might go for a 32 gb ipad3. If i can pick up another firesale tp it will be a 16 gb for my wife as bavkup to her ipad2.
    Well, do i "need" 64gb? prolly not. I do plan on putting a TON of videos on it as I travel alot and will use it to watch movies, videos. I agree, it's clearly overkill...but hey, why not.
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by arachnoman666 View Post
    ...when I entered my HP account info into it, it automatically downloaded and installed ALL my apps from the HP catalog INCLUDING, all my custom settings for each i.e. RSS feeds...
    Oh, so that's how it works.
  18. #18  
    <<threads merged>>
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    Why are people calling them elephants now?
    A white elephant is an outrageously expensive and valuable possession that requires too much upkeep to actually be worth in usefulness the price in value.

    So basically, these people are saying that it's really friggen cool, but really a waste of money.
  20.    #20  
    White Elephant just sounds cooler than Panda...lol. Also, when I got my 32gb, it came with v3.0.0 and needed the OTA to 3.0.2. The Elephant came with 3.0.2 already on it. It was sealed in a brown HP box, which had the HP TouchPad retail box inside of it. The sticker on the box even says "SW:3.0.2" while the 32GB says "SW:3.0.0".
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions