Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes
    Host digital magazines in PDF format.
    HP Touchpad 16GB
    Cannot really think how to use up all this space. But its free so who cares!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I uploaded allot of music and photos into box.net in a a variety of folders. When I went to a different computer to try to download some of these files stored online it wouldn't let me. It only lets me download 1 song or 1 picture at a time. Is this right?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    I uploaded allot of music and photos into box.net in a a variety of folders. When I went to a different computer to try to download some of these files stored online it wouldn't let me. It only lets me download 1 song or 1 picture at a time. Is this right?
    notas far as i know, but it doesnt seem like box is designed as a way of remotely storing large files, its for businesses to be able to stay connected with docs and collaborate

If you want to download multiple songs then either use dropbox or put them in a zip folder and upload that to box
    I don't even use it. 32 gb is plenty of space for me.
    Thanks for that. Works like a charm and is so much better than box.net's upload tool.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragefather View Post
    Thanks for that. Works like a charm and is so much better than box.net's upload tool.
    No problem, so many people dont know about this but it actually makes the box.net worth it, even with a 100MB upload limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    i think it's great that we get 50gb free with box.net. i was quite excited when i heard the news.

but now, a few months later, i've found that i haven't used it at all. now and then i think "i should use that box.net storage for something", but then i think "for what?".

so i ask: what do you use it for? i suspect this is one of those things where i have to see how it can fit into my lifestyle and i'll find a place where it's useful. right now i can't think of a really useful use for it.
    i signed up a week too late for the 1gb uploads... i only get 100 meg uploads.... that doesnt even cover tv shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    i think it's great that we get 50gb free with box.net. i was quite excited when i heard the news.

but now, a few months later, i've found that i haven't used it at all. now and then i think "i should use that box.net storage for something", but then i think "for what?".

so i ask: what do you use it for? i suspect this is one of those things where i have to see how it can fit into my lifestyle and i'll find a place where it's useful. right now i can't think of a really useful use for it.
    Too be honest...I haven't needed it. I store some docs and pdfs, but that is about all and haven't found a streaming app that will allow auto playing music or otherwise from their service so that's also out. Would love to store all my music and just play it when I want, but you still have to have internet access and this is a huge limitation when remote.

Actually, that is my big problem with all these HUGE Plans for Online Storage (box.net, iCloud, etc). How Many people are actually online every minute of the day? Maybe we'll have free internet and online access everywhere in the future, but it ain't here yet and I don't see it arriving anytime soon. Sorli...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123