Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes
    Actually, friend who works at HP ordered 3 for me. Plan on reselling them, or at worst giving them to friends. But it's definitely true, HP employee's got priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    inside information on HP employees, they are allowed only one per person
    - 1 per person
    - If that person previously ordered the product from HP website and received it, there new order will not be processed
    - It has to be your HP Email address
    - US Only
    - Limited quantity (not informed how many)
    - Still no 50% off on accessories.. Canada was able to get 50% off on all accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by grucam View Post
    Actually, friend who works at HP ordered 3 for me. Plan on reselling them, or at worst giving them to friends. But it's definitely true, HP employee's got priority.
    mhmm lol...when did he order it... Was it before Sept 28th Date? if so, Yes, ofcourse. anybody could. You had to Login to the website like everybody else in the world and just place an order. people who don't work for hp order 10 each...and got it..so really don't see your point.

and yes HP Employee should ALWAYS get first opportunity to buy there own product and use it. We got shafted already in USA. Everybody was able to get it via firesale while they had to line up like everybody else. No special priviledge was given to HP Employees

I'm glad, they made a decision to allow employee to even get it...Heck. They should have given everybody a FREE Tablet.....its $100.00 bucks. and its peanuts to HP..it would be a Nice gesture if they did....but thats another story
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    How many regular consumers are currently p**sed off becuase they can't buy a Touchpad?
    Define "regular" customer. Probably most that are upset don't regularly purchase from HP anyway. If HP was smart they would sell off their remaining TouchPad's only to actual "regular" customers who purchase or purchased something else. If you purchase a printer or printing supplies over $XXX, you can also purchase a TouchPad. If you purchase a system you can purchase a TouchPad - etc. That would be the best way IMO to treat their "regular" customers. They could even back date it with if you purchased a qualifying product in the past X months you can purchase one. Sort of like a post rebate.
    snowwhitie likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by azentropy View Post
    Define "regular" customer. Probably most that are upset don't regularly purchase from HP anyway. If HP was smart they would sell off their remaining TouchPad's only to actual "regular" customers who purchase or purchased something else. If you purchase a printer or printing supplies over $XXX, you can also purchase a TouchPad. If you purchase a system you can purchase a TouchPad - etc. That would be the best way IMO to treat their "regular" customers. They could even back date it with if you purchased a qualifying product in the past X months you can purchase one. Sort of like a post rebate.
    totally agree with you. but people who work for HP, who normally buy all products from HP were unable to even get it even though they work for the company. they are also "regular" customer as well..

Not like they are allowing HP employee's to buy 2+..Only 1..and that is fair.. i'd like one too...as a backup incase this one breaks. I can afford $200.00 bucks for 2 touchpad vs 1 Ipad2 which could cost me more than my 1st born.
    Quote Originally Posted by grucam View Post
    He wanna be my friend, too? I'm a very cool friend!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Whole story sounds plausible and HP employees should get chance to buy TP inside company. SMB orders will be honored also. Rest of us will have to wait price drop on ebay and craigslist.
    In general, except whole mess with webOS, HP managed to play fair through Touchpad fiasco. They are not responsible for way their partners handled firesale.
    snowwhitie likes this.
    Hi all,

FYI.

See link.

Take care,

Jay

HP Employees Get One Last Chance at TouchPad Fire Sale
    By David Murphy
    September 18, 2011 03:26pm ES

HP Employees Get One Last Chance at TouchPad Fire Sale | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

The HP TouchPad is set to make one final hurrah before embarking on a slow walk into the digital sunset, but you probably won't be able to get your hands on one unless you can somehow convince Hewlett-Packard to give you a job within the next 10 days.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    The $99 TouchPad Returns To HP’s Employee Purchasing Program On Sept 28th.-

A leaked memo posted by techcrunch from Stephen Dewitt is inviting HP employees to get the Touchpad on Sept 28th:

Full article:

It’s not very often I get to write that it’s a good day to be an HP employee. But it’s also not everyday that HP employees are offered some of the last TouchPads.

The company is set to release a final batch of the $99/$149 HP TouchPads to employees starting September 28th at 9:00am PDT. This is per an email I received from an HP employee (embedded after the jump), which notes TouchPads are available on a first come, first serve basis and employees are only allowed to buy one TouchPad — which some will likely list on ebay where TouchPads are currently selling for over $200. The sun is setting on the TouchPad’s life and HP is likely ready to move forward, thoroughly burned by their venture into the land of the iPad.

This comes, as stated in the email, as HP is “clearing out inventories and winding down manufacturing operations.” HP previously canceled the TouchPad and allowed retailers to clearance them out at an astounding price: $99 for the 16GB and $149 for the 32GB. Stores sold out nearly overnight, leaving some hopeful that HP would release another batch. Unfortunately the email I received doesn’t detail any other TouchPad retail sales although I would pay close attention to Best Buy, Amazon and HP’s website the days before and after the 28th. It’s such a good deal.

Source: The $99 TouchPad Returns To HP’s Employee Purchasing Program On Sept 28th | TechCrunch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123