Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    They just wanted their own employees to be as ****ed off about the ordering process as everyone else.
    sledge007 and DeadVim like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by midas69 View Post
    They just wanted their own employees to be as ****ed off about the ordering process as everyone else.
    I'm sure they already know.

Let's say this story is true.... Is HP letting employees buy ALL of the remaining Touchpads?
    Or are they allocating a fixed number? One of the rumors floating around was that HP's last
    production run will be around 200,000 units. (not enough for every HP employee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    Don't believe everything you read, especially on slickdeals
    I can absolutely guarantee that this is true - I've personally seen the email sent to HP employees when a friend of mine whose wife works there forwarded it to me and asked if it was worth buying. I told him no, but to go ahead and buy one and I would send him a check for it ;-)
    Order of who will get the TP when they are available:

HP employees -> Retailer employees and their families/friends -> Ebayers & Craiglisters (who are willing to camp on computers & stores) -> you
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    OR this was started by someone selling them on eBay in order to drive falling prices back up? Just a guess.
    hp previously stated that the first priority would be to the orders placed that they couldn't fill with inventory. Apparently the didn't cancel every order when they ran out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post

Take a look at this YouTube video.... this was shot outside of HP headquarters
    in Sunnyvale, CA.... count the huge number of HP employees standing in line
    waiting for Touchpads. (no, this is not in India, but it sure looks like it )

This video was on August 25th, and was for the fire sale. It's not just HP employees...and most of the stuff being sold at it were cheap phones (look how many veers are on ebay, etc, at the moment).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    hp previously stated that the first priority would be to the orders placed that they couldn't fill with inventory. Apparently the didn't cancel every order when they ran out.
    Any company that puts employees before customers will not, should not, last long.
    (there are exceptions, of course)

I'm glad HP is not a hospital. If there is a major disaster, will they treat their own employees
    first before other patiens?

Can't remember the name of the bird flu drug off the top of my head... will a drug company
    sell the vaccine to its employees first?
    I'm no fan of HP, but I also don't believe the OP story.
    Oh do let's ask @BrynaAtHp
    Yes I Did likes this.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    They still have a significant backlog with the Small & Medium Business cutomers. They have promised to fill any of those orders placed before 9/22 @ 4am CT.
    Quote Originally Posted by l44l44 View Post
    HP selling touch pads internally...Leaked email for HP employees - Slickdeals.net

Not good news, as they have hundreds of thousands of employees.
    If this is true, I can respect that. I already put in some hard work to obtain mine.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Any company that puts employees before customers will not, should not, last long.
    (there are exceptions, of course)...
    If they are planning on filling the backorders they have thru their SMB store first, and then provide their employees with a chance to get a TP before offering up what is left to the general public, I have no issue. Why not let their own employees get one before they'd be forced to look on eBay or CL to get one at double the price, or higher. They've already said that there will only be a limited number available for employees.
    Last edited by fwinst; 09/16/2011 at 08:49 AM.
    (there are exceptions, of course)
    A company is only as good as its employees. Obviously you can't always put the employee first but they should be allowed to buy a product that they help to produce and at a discount from the list price or in this case the clearance price.

My brother works for HP and after the announcment on the 18th was very upset because of the massive reversal in their commitment to webOS. HP repeatedly told its employees that they would make it a scucess no matter what it took. He went home discusted and didn't turn on the news or read anything about HP and so he never found out about the firesale. I assumed he knew so I didn't call. He has been unable to get a Touchpad since. He sent me this email this morning.

"The message came out last night that US employees will have an opportunity to buy one TouchPad next Wednesday as long as supplies last. If there are more supplies than orders then they will reopen it for a second order but I suspect it will sell out quickly. They said the same thing in Canada and the units sold out in less than an hour. I don't know if I'll be able to get one or now. The message said that they wouldn't ship until 10 days after the orders were received so that they had time to validate that there wasn't any cheating."

I just received my SMB order from Sat. 8-20 so it looks like they will fill the rest of the orders placed before 4am Monday then the remaining will be sold. I think the big question right now is will they use all the inventory for the employees and if they run out that's it or will they just allot a portion and save some for another release on their website?
    I hope everyone at Palm at least gets one. I know they're probably not happy these days. All that work and a guy who thinks his lunch box is cool, pulls the rug out from under you. Half the people there are probably worried about their jobs. They should get them for free. Not like any of them had any control over how things worked out, they just worked hard and got hung out to dry.

If I worked there I'd want one even more than I do now.
    Cantaffordit and Volcom45 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I hope everyone at Palm at least gets one. I know they're probably not happy these days. All that work and a guy who thinks his lunch box is cool, pulls the rug out from under you. Half the people there are probably worried about their jobs. They should get them for free. Not like any of them had any control over how things worked out, they just worked hard and got hung out to dry.

If I worked there I'd want one even more than I do now.
    If I was a former Palm employee, no HP employee, I'd be very worried about my job right now.

HP stopping the manufacturing of webOS devices(phones and Touchpads) is like a
    funeral home that still digs holes in the ground, but dont' have any coffins to sell.
    (or is this a terrible analogy?) Or, you already purchased a coffin, but the funeral
    home is planning to spin off into a new company in a year or two.
    Is there actually one shred of proof to this?
    Sounds like a rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ickna11 View Post
    Is there actually one shred of proof to this?
    Sounds like a rumor.
    How many regular consumers are currently p**sed off becuase they can't buy a Touchpad?

There is no way that HP has enough Touchpads to sell to all HP employee who want one.
    How mad are those disappointed employees going be if they don't get one?
    inside information on HP employees, they are allowed only one per person
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quite honestly, I dont see what all of this crazyness is about...the touchpad is okay. I have a 16GB and i turn it on once every three days to read a little on the kindle.

Im planning on selling it and the oem case on ebay a few week before xmas...taking that profit and getting a really nice netbook and ill have some nice cash leftover im sure.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast