Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree43Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    if anyone thinks the touchpad is thick and heavy.............. then you obviously have never had to hold a textbook

or an xbox. or a tv. or a air conditioner. or a box of shoes. or a guitar. or a home theater speaker. or a tire. or a shovel. or (insert practically everything that isn't a touchpad here)

wow. really.. thick and heavy? please
    Or a stack of 3 iPads!!!

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Or a stack of 3 iPads!!!

Oh wait...

my pre2 is 9000x thicker than a normal pre2 which is 90000x thicker than an iphone

i <3 my pre2 and don't really care for an iphone

my pre2 battery lasts longer than the iphone, because i have a 2600mah battery

oh but my pre2 is so thick and so heavy! WHY MUST IT BE SO THICK AND HEAVY OH NOOOOOO
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    It's the same material used on the exteriors of HP monitors and PCs, so they're making it look like the rest of their products. Material like what was used for the Pre touchstone back cover would have been much better.
    The official case really solves all of that problem.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    only women should complain about the touchpad being heavier and thicker. I really don't have a problem with it. Girls are more fragile so I can see it makes more sense if they are complaining about the weigh and thickness instead of guys. Maybe if you are guy go work out a lil to be able to hold it?
    You've inspired me to make a work out video that incorporates the touchpad in the work outs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    You've inspired me to make a work out video that incorporates the touchpad in the work outs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    You don't need an app for that
    vella_ likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    Sacrifice my touchstone?? you can prise it from my cold dead hands but not before!

Other things that make the TP thicker include the excellent Dr Dre speakers.
    I have to admit, the speakers are really good. I get great sound streaming movies using just the TP speakers. Even in stereo which is great.
    vella_ likes this.
    It's thick and heavy because it is a badly designed and an outdated piece of hardware, much like the average laptop compared to a Macbook.
    if anyone thinks the touchpad is thick and heavy.............. then you obviously have never had to hold a textbook

or an xbox. or a tv. or a air conditioner. or a box of shoes. or a guitar. or a home theater speaker. or a tire. or a shovel. or (insert practically everything that isn't a touchpad here)

wow. really.. thick and heavy? please
    I'm having a Michael Scott moment.

.......that's what she said. Imaaaaaa dork.

but heh, its not thick or heavy to me. I picked up my Dell yesterday and almost dropped it. I carried my tp around the grocery store today using the epicurious app. Not heavy at all.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

my tablet is not thick and heavy

my tablet is perfect the way it is, TYVM

honestly thickness and profile and weight is not a priority of mine at all

so don't try and convince me on the MILLION points you have to say about why this device is thinner and lighter and blah blah blah I DON'T CARE. it doesn't matter squat to me.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

it does......... it's called Kindle
    So I have to re-buy all my books in amazon kindle format . . . . No thanks.
    my tablet is not thick and heavy

my tablet is perfect the way it is, TYVM

honestly thickness and profile and weight is not a priority of mine at all

so don't try and convince me on the MILLION points you have to say about why this device is thinner and lighter and blah blah blah I DON'T CARE. it doesn't matter squat to me.
    That's nice! But I'm glad companies take wider samples and consideration for all sorts of people when designing their next newest and *improved* product. Otherwise we'd all be stuck with Zack Morris cellphones to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by tarbo View Post
    that's nice! But i'm glad companies take wider samples and consideration for all sorts of people when designing their next newest and *improved* product. Otherwise we'd all be stuck with zack morris cellphones to this day.

1/2" : 3/4" != 1" : 7"

Quote Originally Posted by tarbo View Post
    Ipad1 came out last year, and yes I consider it inferior today because there are better tablets (ipad2 & galaxy, Transformer) that went forward in design and power. HP came out a year or more too late with this device and that's why no one cared to buy any except for a handful at full price.
    Sorry, badly designed is independent of time. Either it is or it isn't.
    vella_ likes this.
    What I don't understand is that HP knew just like Samsung did that the iPad2 was incredibly thin, but they did nothing about it. Samsung changed their design completely AND released a product BEFORE the Touchpad that was thinner than the iPad2. Its almost like HP didn't really care whether it did well or not. I mean HP was showing off the tablet in February to Engadget, and it took them another 6 months to release it . . . .

The thickness doesn't bother me at all (bought 3), but if I was a regular consumer in the market for a tablet and I saw an iPad2 and a Galaxy tab 10.1 and an HP Touchpad all released around the same time sitting on a Best Buy display for the same price, I would assume automatically that the Touchpad was inferior due to the thickness and weight.
    Please keep your comments on topic and civil, please.

<<thread cleaned>>
    This is not the place for sexist comments, even in jest.

Thread closed.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234