Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I figured it was just the software/eq but what exactly does this specialized "beats audio" do that others cannot?
    not a great deal other than the eq stuff and noise/interference cleanup at a guess, read the hype advertising, its all buzzwords and coolness, not so much tekkie info.

the HP spiel tho never ever states "beats speakers or beats hardware" only beats audio(tm). their bog standard (pretty good quality) sterio speakers, nothing fancy or beats related.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    beats by dre and beats audio are not the same. touchpad comes with beats audio, beats by dre are those big tacky headphones athletes and rappers wear
    are you sure?.
    if i were a touchpad and someone said as per the ops title "why are you so thick and heavy".......

i wouldnt be offended, id be pretty happy with that tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if i were a touchpad and someone said as per the ops title "why are you so thick and heavy".......

i wouldnt be offended, id be pretty happy with that tbh.
    Unfortunately it wouldn't be genuine. I mean, the touchpad only weighs a pound and a half and it's -half- an inch thick.

Not exactly a bruiser . How thin do you want it? 3 sheets of A4 paper? How much lighter can this thing really get? You can save a couple grams going with an ipad 2, but for gods sake, complaining about a device like this weighing 1.5 pounds? Has it really come to this?

My laptop in 2005 and all it's accessories necessary for use (the GIANT power plug, a cooling pad, etc) weighed just shy of 20 pounds. Now -that- was worth complaining about. This touchpad is an engineering marvel. If it was much thinner or lighter we'd be folding the thing into paper airplanes.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    I figured it was just the software/eq but what exactly does this specialized "beats audio" do that others cannot?
    It's mostly an EQ thing, but it's tuned to the speakers they use. (think Bose, ordinary speakers, crazy housings and software to tune the magic).

The speakers in the Touchpad are actually quite good compared to other tablets. They have fairly large housings inside for better resonance. Sound coming out of here sounds better then my laptop (XPSM1210) or wife's iPad2. (and even better since applying the audio boost patch).

--Chris
    I have only picked up an iPad 2 once, and none of the other tablets, so I don't really have much of a basis of comparison. In that light, given the capabilities of the TP and what to me feels like a pretty solid and quality package, I don't find either the weight or the thickness to be an issue. In fact, considering I'm carrying around a touchscreen computer with a wireless Internet connection, one with a pretty decent built-in sound system, and I can fit both it and the wireless keyboard into a standard legal binder and zip it up, I think it's pretty damned petite!
    Quote Originally Posted by andytvcams View Post
    are you sure?.
    yes. Beats by dre is a product line of headphones that are made by beats audio
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Unfortunately it wouldn't be genuine. I mean, the touchpad only weighs a pound and a half and it's -half- an inch thick.

Not exactly a bruiser . How thin do you want it? 3 sheets of A4 paper? How much lighter can this thing really get? You can save a couple grams going with an ipad 2, but for gods sake, complaining about a device like this weighing 1.5 pounds? Has it really come to this?

My laptop in 2005 and all it's accessories necessary for use (the GIANT power plug, a cooling pad, etc) weighed just shy of 20 pounds. Now -that- was worth complaining about. This touchpad is an engineering marvel. If it was much thinner or lighter we'd be folding the thing into paper airplanes.
    one of my old laptops, an old Rock Direct XTreme64 weighed a fair old amount as well and the PSU could sink a ship.

as for the touchpad, who cares if it weighs more than say an ipad, as long as you can hold it with 1 hand and it doesnt snap your wrist its all good.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Crazy thing: Touchpad is actually thicker than the iPad 1.
    OP, I noticed that too, as soon as I picked up that Galaxy Tab, I was like- I never knew this was possible! It's like paper. ;/

And I'll tell you another thing, some of those other tablets out there have got the backing material down pat. It actually stops your hand from sweating, while the Touchpad makes your hands sweat. Complete and total fingerprint generator.

If ever there was a Touchpad2, that plastic backing will be the first thing to go. It's like soap. Only the complete opposite because it generates germs.
    re: OP's question ...

... that's what she said.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    re: OP's question ...

... that's what she said.
    Ahh! u just beat me to it!.
    well done sir.

and,

Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    only women should complain about the touchpad being heavier and thicker. I really don't have a problem with it. Girls are more fragile so I can see it makes more sense if they are complaining about the weigh and thickness instead of guys. Maybe if you are guy go work out a lil to be able to hold it?
    lol, is this real life?
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    It's thick and heavy because it's a generation behind the curve, don't take my word for it - listen to the HP CTO

"We were deploying WebOS on Palm smart phones and on a new tablet that was half a generation or a generation behind the iPad,"
    Hmm, not sure if you're trying to be a ***** for no reason or you are genuinely responding. There seems to be a lack of content in your post.
    They're doing it for a reason;

Touchstone = put it down on the Touchstone
    Wall charger = find cable, push end into port, push end properly into port, put down

See, 75% easier with the Touchstone. And before you say it, no I don't have a life
    NorbB likes this.
    yes it's real life. I dnt find the touchpad heavy at all. Maybe it's take to take more vitamins everyone :/

Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Ahh! u just beat me to it!.
    well done sir.

and,

lol, is this real life?
    too heavy? here's the solution

squats, milk, deadlifts
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    OP, I noticed that too, as soon as I picked up that Galaxy Tab, I was like- I never knew this was possible! It's like paper. ;/

And I'll tell you another thing, some of those other tablets out there have got the backing material down pat. It actually stops your hand from sweating, while the Touchpad makes your hands sweat. Complete and total fingerprint generator.

If ever there was a Touchpad2, that plastic backing will be the first thing to go. It's like soap. Only the complete opposite because it generates germs.
    It's the same material used on the exteriors of HP monitors and PCs, so they're making it look like the rest of their products. Material like what was used for the Pre touchstone back cover would have been much better.
    if anyone thinks the touchpad is thick and heavy.............. then you obviously have never had to hold a textbook

or an xbox. or a tv. or a air conditioner. or a box of shoes. or a guitar. or a home theater speaker. or a tire. or a shovel. or (insert practically everything that isn't a touchpad here)

wow. really.. thick and heavy? please
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post

If you've ever felt the Galaxy Tab 10.2, that would silence you. I think something everyone needs to do is just go to Best Buy and get friendly with all the tablets. Spend about 30 minutes with it a day, see what you're getting yourself into.

The Touchpad is just as good as an experience that I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    It's the same material used on the exteriors of HP monitors and PCs, so they're making it look like the rest of their products. Material like what was used for the Pre touchstone back cover would have been much better.
    Did they do it for the look? The price? It's really slippery..But it looks nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryO View Post
    I just opened up the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 oI got for my dad for his birthday so I can load some apps on it for him. I know it is very hard to compare it to my touchpad since it is a completely different OS but on physical design alone the TP is so much thicker and heavier... is there a specific reason why the TP is so big?
    I know it may be "heavy" compared to other tablets, but really if this bothers you, you need to start hitting the gym...
    tptp and Weaser999 like this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast