Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 76
Like Tree43Likes
  1. #21  
    well, he's probably a newbie... gonna have to accept and understand that there are a ton of, what i call, 'ninety-nine dollar newbies' and whatever was old is now new again here.

    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    This has been discussed to death. You're about 3 months late.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryO View Post
    I just opened up the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 oI got for my dad for his birthday so I can load some apps on it for him. I know it is very hard to compare it to my touchpad since it is a completely different OS but on physical design alone the TP is so much thicker and heavier... is there a specific reason why the TP is so big?
    Sound system, inductive charging, and I think part of what Smasung did to make their Tab thinner was to shave down the battery capacity (which I think lowered it's run time compared to the iPad 2 by a couple hours).
    shanpalm61 likes this.
  3. Xeron's Avatar
    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    #23  
    If you think the TP is thick and heavy, you should compare it to a Motorola Xoom!
  4. #24  
    uh... they both weigh the same

    http://www.groovypost.com/wp-content...4/image230.png

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    If you think the TP is thick and heavy, you should compare it to a Motorola Xoom!
  5. Xeron's Avatar
    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    #25  
    Well, it certainly feels chunkier and heavier in the hands....
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I didn't realize that the induction coils had so much to do with the added weight. I don't really have complaints about the weight, but if I had the choice I would probably forgo that feature to save on weight. Its just as easy to plug it in with wall charger IMHO.

    @geekpeter -- Whats with all the "beats by dre" advertising on it then? And the "Beats Audio(tm)" option in your sound settings?
    because its the software/eq stuff thats beats, not the speakers.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    well, he's probably a newbie... gonna have to accept and understand that there are a ton of, what i call, 'ninety-nine dollar newbies' and whatever was old is now new again here.
    Don't leave out the 'one-forty nine dollar newbies".
    laoh likes this.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by NorbB View Post
    So are you saying they made it thicker & heaver so they could reduce the price?
    Correct. It was a mandate from Leo, all part of his grand plan to destroy HP PSG.
    NorbB likes this.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    Other things that make the TP thicker include the excellent Dr Dre speakers.
    TP is heavy from all the bling that Dre wears around the speakers. Gold is heavy.
  10. #30  
    yeah but doesnt have that 'flow' when you say it

    maybe better if i said 'the 99 newbies'. eh.

    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Don't leave out the 'one-forty nine dollar newbies".
  11. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #31  
    Don't forget there is also another coil in it for 'touch to share'.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I didn't realize that the induction coils had so much to do with the added weight. I don't really have complaints about the weight, but if I had the choice I would probably forgo that feature to save on weight. Its just as easy to plug it in with wall charger IMHO.

    @geekpeter -- Whats with all the "beats by dre" advertising on it then? And the "Beats Audio(tm)" option in your sound settings?
    I've heard it said here that the Beats refers to the hardware from the onboard soundsystem to the headphone jack. To get the full 'Beats effect' you would plug in a set of Beats headphones. I'm not sure why this wouldn't apply to the stereo speakers though, and even if it did I'm not sure the speakers themselves would be dramatically different than regular stereo speakers.
  13. #33  
    Because "normal" speakers don't cost your soul, right arm and first born
  14. #34  
    webOS is heavy, best to run it with only 1 card open as each card open is another 3 ounces, have too many open and the airline will charge you for extra baggage.
  15. #35  
    Oh lord I never even considered that!

    There'll be a market for an app to measure card weight now!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    TP is heavy from all the bling that Dre wears around the speakers. Gold is heavy.
    Well, gold is one of the most preferred metals for electrical connectors!
  17. #37  
    I hope to build a custom housing for the Touchpad.
    This housing will not have room for the induction coil.
    Instead, the coil will be moved to a separate external attachment that will clip on to the new housing. This will make for a a lighter, slimmer TP, while preserving TS compatibility and making it optional.


    All of this is dependent on me getting another TP, so Im not gonna hold my breath...lol
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    I hope to build a custom housing for the Touchpad.
    This housing will not have room for the induction coil.
    Instead, the coil will be moved to a separate external attachment that will clip on to the new housing. This will make for a a lighter, slimmer TP, while preserving TS compatibility and making it optional.


    All of this is dependent on me getting another TP, so Im not gonna hold my breath...lol
    Make sure that you make it out of plywood - that should save a couple of pounds.
  19. #39  
    beats by dre and beats audio are not the same. touchpad comes with beats audio, beats by dre are those big tacky headphones athletes and rappers wear
  20. andyriot's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    #40  
    I figured it was just the software/eq but what exactly does this specialized "beats audio" do that others cannot?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions