1.    #1  
    What are my options if i only need 3G once or twice a month while on the road? Is there something prepaid that I can use?(like a MiFi) My phone doens't have tethering. Thanks!
    so what's wrong with mifi...imo its good enough
    Doesn't Sprint offer a prepaid (daily, weekly, monthly) access to their 3g?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    If you're willing to spend about $100-$150 (depending on where you shop), Virgin Mobile has a decent prepaid Mi-Fi setup.

Apparently there's a Walmart special, where if you buy the unit from Walmart (about $130 in-store, I think), you can get up to 1GB for a month for $20.

Device
    $20/mo Walmart plan
    Virgin Mobile's product page

It's nice and works really well, but between my fiance and I, we have 7 devices and it allows 5 simultaneous connections. We were good until I bought the Touchpads... Oh well. We don't carry everything with us at once anyway.
    Get an Android phone that can run as a WiFi Hotspot.

Works really well with the Touchpad.

I travel the country (UK) with an HTC Desire and Touchpad
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlines View Post

Likewise, I was typing the same message when I saw yours! WiFi hotspot tethering on T-Mobile and jobs a gooden
    Last edited by anandv76; 09/15/2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: edit
    You can get an unlocked Veer, put it on Tmobile and only pay 1.25 or something like that for the days you use data. There is an app in preware called free tether which you can install (I have an extra unlocked Veer--pm me if interested).
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    You can get an unlocked Veer, put it on Tmobile and only pay 1.25 or something like that for the days you use data. There is an app in preware called free tether which you can install (I have an extra unlocked Veer--pm me if interested).
    Unlocked EU Veer? They run 3G on T-Mo?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    No, they only get EDGE on T-Mobile, at least that's how it worked on the prepaid SIM I trialed.
    That's what I thought, but as always, I coulda missed something
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by mlines View Post

this. Works like a charm
    I still use my Pre minus to tether and it works great for my Touchpad.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    The reason I use a MiFi is that it leaves my phone free for voice calls while surfing the web on the road. I have Sprint service which does not allow simultaneous voice and internet, so if I receive or make a call while having other devices connected via the phone's wifi hotspot function, the voice call puts the wifi connected devices on hold or disconnects them while I am talking. The MiFi I have is an unlocked device for which I have month to month service from AT&T. It is just a matter of convenience for me.
    For the occasional use, its hard to beat phone tethering. Using freetether and my Pre right now.