Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    I have f15 @ 1,8 and the battery drain is not bad. To be honest I only use it 1-2 hours a day but battery is great even with the overclocked kernel.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demichve View Post
    Remove the Overclocking kernel ( I guess Uberkernel). This should dramatically increase your battery life.

I had exactly the same issue and solved this.

BTW: The OC is pure placedo effect, which will give you no advantages.
    shhhh...

if you dont know you dont know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Maybe you do have a bad battery because mine lasts for a very long time. I use it all the time and it still has juice left after a day of use. I am also overclocking (UKernel @1.5). The battery is one of my least complaints about it.
    I am with you and the others that say it's a bad battery issue.

The wife and I have only hooked up one touchstone because we can alternate only charging at night for the most part. I take mine to work with me all day and don't charge it. I am not OC'd, but neither TP ever goes into airplane mode and I sometimes turn off my WiFi at work (on an open network), but WiFi is always on on the wifes no matter if the router is on or not.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I've been impressed with the battery life. I get about 10% drain/hr when using it non-stop for browsing/emails/texting/etc. maybe 12% drop if I'm streaming at the same time. Standby the drop is almost imperceptible. I've got some of the patches, but no new kernel, and just the out of the box auto-dim.
    I average 10-11 hours every night without plugging it in. I have a browser on almost all night, listen to mp3's (not with the external speakers)all night, and I'm using the F15 kernel. I'd say it's pretty decent.
    Don't knock the battery in general, my TP has been on for 3 days now with moderate use on and off, overclocked with patches and is still not half down....................So instead of bashing the unit, look at your replies. It is apparent that you may have a bad battery, therefore use your warranty and get it replaced...........
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    I set the option to turn off WiFi when screen is off and it heavily increased battery life for me. You may try that.
    Gonna chime in here with awesome battery life. I've not felt the need to overclock my TP though. It took me about 3 days with intermittent use, and several hours of video watching before I got it down to 10% battery life left. The 8-10 hours battery life claimed must be if you are using it constantly with multiple programs open. It frankly is the first product I've ever used where the battery life is better than advertised.
    Agreed on awesome battery life.

It's 1:30PM here right now and my touchpad has been off it's charger since 6:45 AM. I've used it all day for some web surfing, note taking, etc etc etc.

I'm currently at 90% battery life. AND that's while running the F15C kernel at 1.7ghz in ondemandtcl mode.

In the time I've had my touchpad I haven't -once- had to charge my touchpad prematurely during the course of a day. It's lasted the full day every single day I've used it.

Just saying - my battery life is incredible. You might have something wrong with your battery or perhaps your touchpad itself has something oddball going on. It might even be worthwhile to do a full webos doctor reset if it's THAT bad...
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Agreed on awesome battery life.

It's 1:30PM here right now and my touchpad has been off it's charger since 6:45 AM. I've used it all day for some web surfing, note taking, etc etc etc.

I'm currently at 90% battery life. AND that's while running the F15C kernel at 1.7ghz in ondemandtcl mode.

In the time I've had my touchpad I haven't -once- had to charge my touchpad prematurely during the course of a day. It's lasted the full day every single day I've used it.

Just saying - my battery life is incredible. You might have something wrong with your battery or perhaps your touchpad itself has something oddball going on. It might even be worthwhile to do a full webos doctor reset if it's THAT bad...
    What level is your screen brightness? Also which of the two types of battery does yours have when checking in Dr. Battery app?
    rogue app or app(s) constantly doing things, like checking mails, flashing notifications etc will hose the battery over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    I set the option to turn off WiFi when screen is off and it heavily increased battery life for me. You may try that.
    Thanks, had no idea you could do that, should help considerably.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by chronoreverse View Post
    Can you give numbers? How much does it lose overnight for instance?

Also consider setting WiFi to turn off when the screen is off.
    I saud i put it in airplane mode that turns off wifi
    Probably bad battery then.

Engadget got 8.5 hours with continuous video in their testing: (Battery life according to HP is 9 hours for continuous video playback, and in our test (WiFi on, Bluetooth off, video looping) we came close to that: just over eight and a half hours)

Anandtech got only 6.5 hours with the heavy usage test: (In our light multitasking battery life test we're constantly checking a Gmail account, playing music and running through our standard smartphone battery life test. All tablets here are set to nearly the same brightness using our colorimeter to ensure a level playing field)

So even in the worse case scenario, it's pretty reasonable.

Of course, you still haven't bothered to give actual numbers so who knows what your problem is.
    Most runtime I've had out of mine has been about 8 hours or thereabouts under use. I've never watched video for any excessive amounts of time, I don't have any video that works on it.

Sounds like OP got a bad battery. It -is- possible.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Just to chime in here... as I do believe I'm another one with a "bad" battery. Never gotten a full day's use out of my touchpad, spoke to hp support, and since it shows as healthy in the diagnostics, there is no exchange or anything they can or want to do about it.
    Have you tried logging out of IM if you made an account? I've noticed the stock IM drains my battery about twice as fast as if I have it off and will kill the battery overnight if left on with wifi on.
    I agree TP's battery is pretty good but anyone who says they've used TP for several hours and their battery is still at 90% is bending the truth somewhat.
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    I easily get 10+ hours of steady use ... Browsing, YouTube, gaming, email etc.
    my last charge lasted 56 hours with the F4 kernel at 1.8 GHz. my brightness was at 50% and i put it on airplane mode before going to bed every night. i was using it pretty lightly though. just checked a few emails here and there and played a few games. i did stream around 15 minutes of a soccer game and that didnt hurt the battery too much.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast