1.    #1  
    Hello,

I should soon receive a TouchPad and have a few doubts.

I have a 1TB Hard Disk connected to my router (airport extreme) file shared by WAN and want to access and stream my media content (divx movies) from the TouchPad.

I have read some threads but some solutions required some software and a streaming machine.

Any help?
    If you convert to mp4 you can stream using the two excellent dlna streaming programs available on the hp app store, if you want to keep them as divx you need Kalemsoft media player, there are a few threads on this already, this is the server/app solution you are looking for....
  3.    #3  
    I can stream content to the network hard disk to my touchpad using Kalemsoft media player?

Iīm Mac user and I mount manually my network drive connected to the router, with the TouchPad I would be able to see the network hard disk using samba/bonjour?

I hope you understand me, you notice that english isnīt my mother language.
    The simple solution would be to get Kalemsoft media player. Mount the network drive on your PC and point the Kalemsoft streamer service to that drive/the appropriate directories.

Should work, I think!
    theres also this post.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rk-shares.html

kalem can still play the files and you should be able to access your NAS via IP (if youve fixed its ip rather than let it pick one) that way negating the need to have your PC on for the kalem streamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by d503 View Post
    The simple solution would be to get Kalemsoft media player. Mount the network drive on your PC and point the Kalemsoft streamer service to that drive/the appropriate directories.

Should work, I think!
    Thanks for the guidance, I did exactly this. And it worked.

My NAS is a linux based QNAP device. On a Windows 7 machine that is always on I mapped a folder on the NAS, which contains all my videos and MP3 to a shared drive; 'Z'.

I then installed the Kalemsoft streaming software on the windows 7 machine and told it that my Z drive contained all my media files.

On the Touchpad in the Kalemsoft media player I put in the ip address of the windows 7 machine and the port number of the streaming software + the username and password I used when I set up the streaming software.

Now on the Touchpad, withing the Kalemsoft media player, I can see the NAS folders, select a video file and it streams over my wifi network very well.

Its not perfect but a good workaround until we can simply mount network drives on the touchpad.