Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Can Touchpad show live aquarium?(like the screensaver) Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

    Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

    Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Touchpaddle likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    THANKS!!! That's pretty cool. I just tried it on my Touchpad as well as my Android smartphone. Worked great on both. Some scray-looking fish.

    I'm just a little puzzled. Why does Microsoft think my Touchpad is running Safari browser?
    (as shown on the right of the scree when viewing that page from my Touchpad)
  4. #4  
    It thinks you're running Safari because both are Webkit-based browsers.
    Richard Neff

    My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

    My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  5. #5  
    Someone could probably make an Exhibition mode app like that. It would be pretty cool!
    darkzone and Touchpaddle like this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Someone could probably make an Exhibition mode app like that. It would be pretty cool!
    That will probably boost Touchstone charger sales as well!
    sledge007 likes this.
  7. joegti10's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Someone could probably make an Exhibition mode app like that. It would be pretty cool!
    Fishtank exhibition would be awesome...and I would buy a touchstone just for it.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Someone could probably make an Exhibition mode app like that. It would be pretty cool!
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title of this thread. Would sell like hotcakes at 99 cents.

    Now that I think about it, someone could do an exhibition pack of "live" wall papers and make a killing. Add some sounds that could be turned off and on... man wish I had gotten into developing before the TP launched.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Sukiyaki likes this.
  9. andyriot's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    #9  
    Thats pretty rad. Im willing to bet it wouldn't be too difficult to make an app that just displays that website. Only downside being all those overlays on it for FPS, # of fish, etc.

    Screensaver would definitely be cool while perched on the Touchstone.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title of this thread. Would sell like hotcakes at 99 cents.

    Now that I think about it, someone could do an exhibition pack of "live" wall papers and make a killing. Add some sounds that could be turned off and on... man wish I had gotten into developing before the TP launched.
    only 99 cents? I wouldn't mind paying $5.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    Thats pretty rad. Im willing to bet it wouldn't be too difficult to make an app that just displays that website. Only downside being all those overlays on it for FPS, # of fish, etc.

    Screensaver would definitely be cool while perched on the Touchstone.
    Someone has indeed made a (free) app that lets you display any website in Exhibition Mode - webOnEx Touchpad is available in the App Catalog (direct link below).

    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...cationid=10104

    Enjoy...

    --John
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    Someone has indeed made a (free) app that lets you display any website in Exhibition Mode - webOnEx Touchpad is available in the App Catalog (direct link below).
    --John
    Tried this out on webOnEx and the fish didn't show up. I was getting 10-13 fps according to the meter. Also, slowed the TP way down. I had to do a restart to bring back performance.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    Tried this out on webOnEx and the fish didn't show up. I was getting 10-13 fps according to the meter. Also, slowed the TP way down. I had to do a restart to bring back performance.

    I have removed the link to FishIE Tank from my Touchpad.

    I left it running earlier and left the room for a few minutes.

    When I returned, I saw my cat attacking the Touchpad's screen!!!! Stupid cat.
    sledge007 likes this.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I have removed the link to FishIE Tank from my Touchpad.

    I left it running earlier and left the room for a few minutes.

    When I returned, I saw my cat attacking the Touchpad's screen!!!! Stupid cat.
    If you are serious that is hilarious.

    If you were just joking, still funny, just not as funny.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If you are serious that is hilarious.

    If you were just joking, still funny, just not as funny.
    No joke... my cat is an ***** and does a lot of crazy weird things. I'm going to get my cat to do it again and upload the video to YouTube.

    There is already a cat on YouTube who plays video games on the HP Touchpad. Anybody know the name of the game on the video? I want to download it from the HP Apps Catalog for my cat to try. (don't worry... I just put on the screen protector that I ordered)

    <--- someone else's cat
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    No joke... my cat is an ***** and does a lot of crazy weird things. I'm going to get my cat to do it again and upload the video to YouTube.

    There is already a cat on YouTube who plays video games on the HP Touchpad. Anybody know the name of the game on the video? I want to download it from the HP Apps Catalog for my cat to try. (don't worry... I just put on the screen protector that I ordered)

    <--- someone else's cat
    Looks like cronk, and that is AWESOME!!!!!

    Cronk is a PDK game originally made for the phones but scales up to the TP. The game is similar to Sparkle HD. Forgot to add, cronk is fun (so is sparkle hd).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17. jdale's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #17  
    Gotta convince the developer of Ancient Pond to make a Touchpad version. ancient wisdom That looks gorgeous on the Pre. But no activity on the blog, not sure what he is up to. (Though there is a Touchpad version of his app Ancient Frog.)

    Anyway... I would pay for a Touchpad version of Ancient Pond and his other app Tonal Pool.
  18. #18  
    Tonal Pool is cool
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  19. h2o826's Avatar
    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    No joke... my cat is an ***** and does a lot of crazy weird things. I'm going to get my cat to do it again and upload the video to YouTube.

    There is already a cat on YouTube who plays video games on the HP Touchpad. Anybody know the name of the game on the video? I want to download it from the HP Apps Catalog for my cat to try. (don't worry... I just put on the screen protector that I ordered)

    <--- someone else's cat
    hah that is truly awesome, my labs the same way, he loves soccer, he follows the ball and attacks the tv. Any glare reflection from my to he goes for it, on the pc when I move the mouse around he follows it, he's already tried to est my to and licks it (go go case)' he knows the source of light.
  20. #20  
    If you are serious that is hilarious.



    If you were just joking, still funny, just not as funny.
    Doesn't surprise me in the least. *My cat chases the mouse cursor.


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions