1.    #1  
    I just got my Touchpad today, and quickly learn that the PDF reader is total crap. Are there any alternatives? Like maybe converting my PDFs to other format? or using another app? My books are like hundreds of pages, and the pages are huge.

SOLVED:
    Assuming that you have Acrobat Professional, simply select all the pages from the pages thumbnails that you can read, and drag it out to desktop. I dragged out a chapter of my textbook. There are about 30 pages per chapter which should last me about a week. Just upload them to box.net (about 20mb) and you're good to go.

Also, you can right-click on the thumbnails to crop the edges so they fit better on the screen.
    Last edited by vd853; 09/15/2011 at 12:35 AM. Reason: SOLVED
    I'm going to post my closely related post here in hopes that I can get some guidance:

I too have a lot of pdf files that I have to read for class specifically, ranging anywhere from 5-50 pages for class. My teacher unfortunately isn't that tech savvy and formats here pdfs all weird thus making it hard to read on my touchpad. Does anyone know of some good software that will allow me to rotate a pdf and save the document after it has been rotated? I've tried open office pdf extension (didn't work at all), cute PDF, primo pdf and a few others and have yet to find anything that will allow me to do this simple task; ideas?

now to contribute to the OP. The only other app out there that I know of at this time is pReader and when used it, it was not that good. It could have been a user error, but I couldn't even get my pdfs loaded when the acrobat reader had no problems doing so. I am patiently waiting for either another reader app to come out or to find something aside from buying a full version of acrobat to get my stuff figured out...
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_jigsaw View Post
    I'm going to post my closely related post here in hopes that I can get some guidance:

I too have a lot of pdf files that I have to read for class specifically, ranging anywhere from 5-50 pages for class. My teacher unfortunately isn't that tech savvy and formats here pdfs all weird thus making it hard to read on my touchpad. Does anyone know of some good software that will allow me to rotate a pdf and save the document after it has been rotated? I've tried open office pdf extension (didn't work at all), cute PDF, primo pdf and a few others and have yet to find anything that will allow me to do this simple task; ideas?
    PDF-XChange viewer (Tracker Software Products :: PDF-XChange Viewer, Free PDF Reader) has always worked well for me when I've needed to do basic edits to .pdf files. The free version is good enough for a lot of basic tasks. However, looks like rotating pages isn't in the free version, so you'd need to get a copy of the paid version.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Also see the following thread for a way to improve the resolution of the existing app when reading your cropped pages:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-touchpad.html
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_jigsaw View Post
    now to contribute to the OP. The only other app out there that I know of at this time is pReader and when used it, it was not that good. It could have been a user error, but I couldn't even get my pdfs loaded when the acrobat reader had no problems doing so. I am patiently waiting for either another reader app to come out or to find something aside from buying a full version of acrobat to get my stuff figured out...
    pReader didn't work because it doesn't support pdf files. It only supports book formats; ePub, mobi, eReader, pdb, txt, kindle ...