Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    with your help here is where I'm at on the launcher icons:

I have it running 8 x 5 (ok more like 8 x 4.8 cause you can't see text of the last row) in landscape and 6 x 6.8 in portrait.

here's what I did:

edit this file: /etc/palm/launcher3/launcher_icon_layoutsettings.conf

InterRowSpaceInPixels=0
    IconHorizontalSpaceAdjustInPixels=15
    MaxIconsPerRow=9
    RowLeftMarginInPixels=1

then edit this file in the same directory: launcher_icon_geom_settings

MainIconVerticalOffsetFromGeomOriginPx -35

--------------------------------------------

now i am trying to figure out how to move the icons closer together vertically: when you hold the icon a clear box appears around it. I have moved the icon to the top of the box and moved the boxes as close together as possible with the above changes, but I would like to now make the boxes smaller because they are just mostly empty space.

and also how to get rid of the dock when launcher is open.

that should be good for another row or maybe even 2 of icons.
    This is pretty cool. Wish I could assist on that.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  2.    #42  
    with your help here is where I'm at on the launcher icons:

I have it running 8 x 5 (ok more like 8 x 4.8 cause you can't see text of the last row) in landscape and 6 x 6.8 in portrait.

here's what I did:

edit this file: /etc/palm/launcher3/launcher_icon_layoutsettings.conf

InterRowSpaceInPixels=0
    IconHorizontalSpaceAdjustInPixels=15
    MaxIconsPerRow=9
    RowLeftMarginInPixels=1

then edit this file in the same directory: launcher_icon_geom_settings

MainIconVerticalOffsetFromGeomOriginPx -35

--------------------------------------------

now i am trying to figure out how to move the icons closer together vertically: when you hold the icon a clear box appears around it. I have moved the icon to the top of the box and moved the boxes as close together as possible with the above changes, but I would like to now make the boxes smaller because they are just mostly empty space.

and also how to get rid of the dock when launcher is open.

that should be good for another row or maybe even 2 of icons.
    I've looked all over and have found nothing that appears to modify that.
    Look here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...unasysmgr.html

There are a lot more settings available than in the config files.
    It's a bit off topic but since I found it when I decreased the size of my cards I'll just share it here. Maybe somebody else found it before me since it works on my pre- 1.4.5 too
    It's fast way to move between cards. Instead of swiping right and left, you just tap on the opposite direction corner (outside the cards). The action is really fast and my index finder doesn't feel numb from swiping anymore It works with the standard card sizes too
    mistermojorizin and brum like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    Instead of swiping right and left, you just tap on the opposite direction corner (outside the cards).
    could you please clarify what this means?

opposite direction of what?

coner of what?
    ok what I see is that if you tap anywhere to the right of a card, it'll go to the next card on the right (except if you tap the launch bar or the status bar). same thing with the left. still don't see what "opposite corner" means
    I like the fact that you can modify the card size (ratio) by changing some settings manually.

It would be doubly cool to have a way of interactively modifying the card size at run time ...

... I am thinking ... a pinch-zoom gesture in the wallpaper area in card view should allow you to zoom in or zoom out on cards between say 0.20 to 0.80 ratio ))

How cool would that be -- a Multi tasking UI on steroids?
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_e View Post
    I like the fact that you can modify the card size (ratio) by changing some settings manually.

It would be doubly cool to have a way of interactively modifying the card size at run time ...

... I am thinking ... a pinch-zoom gesture in the wallpaper area in card view should allow you to zoom in or zoom out on cards between say 0.20 to 0.80 ratio ))

How cool would that be -- a Multi tasking UI on steroids?
    i have the main card setup to be as large as possible, without hitting the just type box and I have the 2 inactive cards on the sides setup really small, but still visible.

so if I want a bigger card I just swipe over to it. if I drag the cards over slowly you see them enlarging and shrinking in an animated way
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    So far I am liking these card size settings. Gives a good view of the card in focus as well as enough of a view of the 2 side cards to see whats in them. (about 75% of each side card)

ActiveCardWindowRatio=0.60
    NonActiveCardWindowRatio=.30
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm Pre 2 w/ Preware
    HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi
    what's the original settings for the active card window and the non active card window I didn't take a screenshot of them first
    Quote Originally Posted by splee1234 View Post
    what's the original settings for the active card window and the non active card window I didn't take a screenshot of them first
    ActiveCardWindowRatio=0.55
    NonActiveCardWindowRatio=0.50
    ok what I see is that if you tap anywhere to the right of a card, it'll go to the next card on the right (except if you tap the launch bar or the status bar). same thing with the left. still don't see what "opposite corner" means
    I guess somebody else found it as well and shot and posted video on youtube :
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123