Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Sweet. I'm liking the 3 cards per screen setup.
  2.    #22  
    /etc/palm/launcher3/launcher_icon_layoutsettings.conf

InterRowSpaceInPixels=4
    IconHorizontalSpaceAdjustInPixels=15
    MaxIconsPerRow=9
    RowLeftMarginInPixels=1

You can tweak these a little bit and you may get different results. Since the most icons that I could get to fit was 8, you could probably change the icons per row value to that.

Last edited by beardedspoooon; 09/16/2011 at 06:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    damn left my TP at home, but def like the cards view, and the apps, i dont have that many apps, and having the tabs like you do has helped me organize them quite a bit.

for some reason when i was looking for this command yesterday, I found Etc, but couldnt find PALM. any idea why.

edit /etc/palm/luna-platform.conf
    johnnyortiz1934 likes this.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    damn left my TP at home, but def like the cards view, and the apps, i dont have that many apps, and having the tabs like you do has helped me organize them quite a bit.

for some reason when i was looking for this command yesterday, I found Etc, but couldnt find PALM. any idea why.

I have no idea why that would be the case other than you're just missing it.

You see these folders in there: pmwsf, openal, network, pmnetconfig, ppp? Those folders should be in /etc.
    I like that too. I tried actually to do that when I was messing with the older mojo sizes to get the mojo apps to go bigger but went the wrong way - decreasing the the ration than upping it or maybe it's not working like this with mojo apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i would have a play on my pre3 but opening the conf thru internalz seems to launch quickoffice which just says it cant open the selected object :|
    I'm sure you know but check your preferences in internalz and make sure that Register as file hadnler under Text editor is on. The other thing to check is the file associacions in the Launcher the Default Applications. This actually what got me for some time on my pre - 1.4.5 not sure if this applies for the pre3.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post

Mastermode enabled on internalz?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    I'm sure you know but check your preferences in internalz and make sure that Register as file hadnler under Text editor is on. The other thing to check is the file associacions in the Launcher the Default Applications. This actually what got me for some time on my pre - 1.4.5 not sure if this applies for the pre3.
    aye did that just for some reason quickoffice still insists on popping back up, meh ill have a play some more tho, wasnt a big enough problem for me to get annoyed over at the time.
    disabled screen lock in the Luna platform one. No side effects yet. Only time it locks is restart
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

I can't find any of these folders in Internalz Pro:

What's the main folder to look for when I first open Internalz? I have no "edit" folder. Thanks!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    I can't find any of these folders in Internalz Pro:

What's the main folder to look for when I first open Internalz? I have no "edit" folder. Thanks!
    There is no edit folder.

Just /etc/palm/

edit: When you first open internalz, you need to tap that .. folder at the top of the list to move back up the directory tree. All the way up until you find etc
    Last edited by beardedspoooon; 09/16/2011 at 07:29 PM.
    Dogma likes this.
    Gotcha, thanks! Good to know about that "folder at the top of the list" thang--not very user friendly, though....

Anyway, the smaller cards are cool--tweaked the launcher icons, too!

Thanks one n' all!
    Dogma likes this.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    heh or change to way smaller and see more cards

edit:

ActiveCardWindowRatio=0.30
    NonActiveCardWindowRatio=0.25
    just went with this size might bump it up .5 on each tho
    You guys are amazing! Ok, now my cards are small, my icons are packed at 8 a row, and now my dock looks huge and empty and the tabs on launcher look really wide (vertically) as well.

Is there a way to:

Make the dock thinner? Fit more icons into the dock? Make the launcher tab bar thinner?

thank you thank you thank you
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    You guys are amazing! Ok, now my cards are small, my icons are packed at 8 a row, and now my dock looks huge and empty and the tabs on launcher look really wide (vertically) as well.

Is there a way to:

Make the dock thinner? Fit more icons into the dock? Make the launcher tab bar thinner?

thank you thank you thank you
    I don't think there is. I've looked at almost every file it seems like, and I haven't found anything yet. I keep poking around though.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    I don't think there is. I've looked at almost every file it seems like, and I haven't found anything yet. I keep poking around though.
    this is something i would be very interested in! 5 just isnt enough, it must be somewhere!
    messing around in some of the settings in the luna-platform file i got one very interesting result. the dashboard was moved to an extra row at the bottom and all the messages popped up at the bottom and weren't in floating boxes like they are at the top but looked like they were part of the page (like the slide out keyboard looks for example).

One downside of this was that there was an extra line of text at the bottom for the dashboard, since the glass line for where the dashboard normally in was still at the top. so vertical viewing space was reduced by one line.

another downside (*huge*) was that the virtual keyboard wouldn't slide out anymore.

but the upside, and this is interesting, was that intenalz pro was shown in landscape view instead of portrait, which i really liked.

I don't know exactly how to reproduce this effect, but I was messing with the sizes of the cards and the gaps between the stacks and gaps between the cards in a stack. I think I made the sizes really small and then reboot and the sizes were too small and the TP just disregarded the setting because the cards were drawn fairly large and the layout was changed as described above.

It would be interesting if we could figure out why this happened and then use it in a way just to change orientation of internalz without the other side effects.
    for some reason, can't edit the values in the folder.....

edit, nevermind, mastermode wasn't turned on.
    Last edited by Seauxcrazy; 09/18/2011 at 08:06 PM.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seauxcrazy View Post
    for some reason, can't edit the values in the folder.....
    Mastermode in the preferences. Enable it.
    with your help here is where I'm at on the launcher icons:

I have it running 8 x 5 (ok more like 8 x 4.8 cause you can't see text of the last row) in landscape and 6 x 6.8 in portrait.

here's what I did:

edit this file: /etc/palm/launcher3/launcher_icon_layoutsettings.conf

InterRowSpaceInPixels=0
    IconHorizontalSpaceAdjustInPixels=15
    MaxIconsPerRow=9
    RowLeftMarginInPixels=1

then edit this file in the same directory: launcher_icon_geom_settings

MainIconVerticalOffsetFromGeomOriginPx -35

--------------------------------------------

now i am trying to figure out how to move the icons closer together vertically: when you hold the icon a clear box appears around it. I have moved the icon to the top of the box and moved the boxes as close together as possible with the above changes, but I would like to now make the boxes smaller because they are just mostly empty space.

and also how to get rid of the dock when launcher is open.

that should be good for another row or maybe even 2 of icons.
    beardedspoooon likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast