Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As a part-time graduate school student, one of the main reasons I bought a TouchPad was so that I can read my case studies and presentations from the comfort of an armchair instead of an uncomfortable computer chair.

My school use eCollege (http://www.ecollege.com) for on-line class discussions. It uses javascript embedded in an ASP page (it appears). Most of the webpage works, except for the most important part, the left frame (which appears to be mainly javascript) which houses all of the on-line discussions.

This is an absolute shot-in-the-dark, but I was hoping someone else uses this website for their school and hopefully knows a workaround.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
  2.    #2  
    I'll also add that Pearson's help desk is completely useless.

Help desk employee: "Does your TouchPad run on Windows 7?"

--------

Additional notes:

I also tried it on Advanced Browser and got the exact same results.

All options are ON in the preferences.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Having same problem, have you found anything that works yet?
  4.    #4  
    Sadly, I haven't.
    I use Pearson and skillport and neither of them work. I always felt their pages weren't the highest of quality anyways so I am not surprised.
  6.    #6  
    I realized maybe it was because I had AdBlocker installed. I removed it and ... no luck.
    I also use ecollege and sadly couldn't find a workaround. I tried advanced browser but that didn't solve anything.
    I'm hoping a firefox browser is made for the touchpad soon. Maybe that would solve the problem but who knows. I hate ecollege, wish I didn't need it.
    You might want to investigate using Splashtop.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    As a part-time graduate school student, one of the main reasons I bought a TouchPad was so that I can read my case studies and presentations from the comfort of an armchair instead of an uncomfortable computer chair.

My school use eCollege (Pearson eCollege) for on-line class discussions. It uses javascript embedded in an ASP page (it appears). Most of the webpage works, except for the most important part, the left frame (which appears to be mainly javascript) which houses all of the on-line discussions.

This is an absolute shot-in-the-dark, but I was hoping someone else uses this website for their school and hopefully knows a workaround.
    There are no plans to develop for WebOS from Pearson. They are working on Android and do Support the IPAD. But trust me on this, WebOS will not be supported any time soon for ecollege.
    This is awful, the main use for this touchpad for me was to avoid using my laptop as much for ecollege and for the past month and a half it has been a paper weight. The Android Port can't come any sooner.
    The Ubuntu Chroot is your friend.

I am amazed that every Touchpad hasn't got it installed. Use WebOS for quick stuff then dive into a full desktop OS for serious stuff.

Splashtop? Have a computer kicking around and use the TP as a thin client? Pah. Amateurs.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    The Ubuntu Chroot is your friend.

I am amazed that every Touchpad hasn't got it installed. Use WebOS for quick stuff then dive into a full desktop OS for serious stuff.
    Holy long, complicated instructions, Batman!

If I didn't have so many pressing deadlines with work and school, maybe I could take a half-day to figure this out. Sadly, I don't.
    I suspect the problem the is touchpad's inability to download files from secure login sites (gmail etc, and in my case - Moodle).

Have a quick google on the issue, there is a working patch out there that is really quite simple to install. Mine works just fine now (using it for the same purpose as you).
  15.    #15  
    If you mean GyroJoe's patch, that is not working on ecollege.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    I'm hoping a firefox browser is made for the touchpad soon.
    i would not get your hopes up if i were you. looks like nobody (ff, chrome, opera) is making a port of their browsers for tp. probably closest you'll get would be using splashtop to access it from your other computer
  17.    #17  
    I did a browser test on this site... American Museum of Natural History | TECHNICAL

It says the only thing lacking is ActiveX controls, which I don't believe is necessary. Then again, it also thinks I'm trying to test Safari.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    My sister is having a problem with eClass. I suspect that it is similar to the eCollege problem. When you run TP browser checks for either, the same info comes back.

Have any of you tried Android? If so, does it work?

Her Droid works but not her TP. I hope to do more digging into this later tonight. BTW, her help desk people were less than useful. They told her it only works on IE. Even according to their own web page, that is wrong.
    As jblather mentioned, you may want to drop a couple bucks on the Splashtop app. I'd imagine it would solve the issues. At least it would be interesting to hear feedback from someone who has it try and see if it helps.
    im having problems with downloading blackboard documents/files
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast