Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes
    Been using nano here. Those other editors are complex and scary. XD
    jbeen likes this.
    This is awesome. Now if only we can find some arrow keys...
    Dumb question, but how do you use vi on the touchpad? Or is this through remote desktop?
    This is awesome news but a kind of crappy implementation on HPs part. but good to know there is a way to do esc and ctrl.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajitg View Post
    Dumb question, but how do you use vi on the touchpad? Or is this through remote desktop?
    You have to use an xterm in order to edit files that are on the touchpad.

To edit files on another system, I use OpenSSH.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    This is awesome news but a kind of crappy implementation on HPs part. but good to know there is a way to do esc and ctrl.
    Yah, their target audience wasn't people like us.
    now all we need are some arrows keys and I will be a happy camper. Well semi happy, I want to incorporate some advances gestures to do esc and ctrl and right mouse click.
    This is great!

From Cisco Terminal Servers you can now use "ctrl-shift-6 x" to disconnect session.
  9.    #29  
    I just verified that vi-style editing in shell history in xterm works. You have to issue 'set -o vi' first, as usual, though.

Using xterm to edit files on the TP is so much easier now!
    Last edited by jblather; 09/15/2011 at 06:11 PM.
    i just found some more tricks for xterm. If you hold the U key and hit the bottom left choice (looks like u^), it will go backwords in history (like hitting the up arrow in terminal). If you hold the U key and hit the top middle key (kind of like u`) it will go forwards in history. If you hold the U key and hit the Middle bottom key it will go left along the command. If you hold the U key and click the top right option it will go right along the command line.
    noseph and cml21 like this.
    In other words, you've found the arrow keys.

Sweet.
    - up arrow
    - down arrow
    - left arrow
    - right arrow
    jblather likes this.
    Is there a "Sym" key on Touchpad keyboard to simulate the same key on webOS phones?
    Too bad this doesnt work in webOS itself.
    I think I have this working as a keyboard patch for those that are interested (based on isagar2004's script): arrows.json

(No responsibility accepted for use, etc, etc, but look here for instructions for how to use it: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...s-patches.html)

They appear in WASZ positions in the alternate keyboard of the QWERTY layout (it's otherwise almost identical to the default QWERTY, except I also replaced some of the pointless smileys too). Q refers to the CTRL/thorn key, so press thorn then "c" for ^C etc.

Outstanding issues:
    - I haven't changed the icon it uses for each button - I'm not sure if you even can.
    - It obviously only works in a terminal or chroot environment, in WebOS it just sends the character still. But as I spend most of my time in Ubuntu, it seems to work fine so far.

Let me know if you find it useful or make some improvements.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to send the alt key?

I'm running irssi in screen via ssh and I can't find a way to change channel windows :-(
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12