1.    #1  
    i am trying to uninstall warthog kernel and i get the error, "tar: lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko: Wrote only 2048 of 2156 bytes". when i try to install the recovery kernel i get the error, "cp: write error: No space left on device" and "Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko".

someone please help i want to change kernels but i don't want to have to doctor.
    Sounds like that is the pill for what ails your TP.
    Don't Doctor. I think you tried to install ubuntu with out having the ext 3 partition mounted... thus it filled up your root partition, which normally never gets written to. To fix, unmount the ext3 partition (if it's mounted) and delete the ubuntu folder in the remaining ext3 folder in the /media folder
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Don't Doctor. I think you tried to install ubuntu with out having the ext 3 partition mounted... thus it filled up your root partition, which normally never gets written to. To fix, unmount the ext3 partition (if it's mounted) and delete the ubuntu folder in the remaining ext3 folder in the /media folder
    well i did install ubuntu without having the ext3 partition mounted, but i can't find the ext3 folder in the /media folder and i wouldn't know how to unmount the partition. also i have since uninstalled it so maybe thats why i can't find it?