Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i want to watch some of my lovely starcraft 2 streams in 720p quality, but the playback is very jerking, even on 480p it isn't as smooth as on my android devices. This makes me really sad because this was the main reason why i want use my touchpad.

Any suggestions how to fix this?
    Not a clue, I also watch SC2 streams on justin/twitch and it is pretty terrible at anything > 480p. It's really odd, since youtube playback at 1080p is nearly perfect.

If someone could find the reason that this sucks so bad, that would be awesome!
    Sprint Love
    Found the same issue last night too. I don't have too many problems with live streams as long as they're embedded on teamliquid.net, but anything directly off twitch.tv or justin.tv gets killed. I think it's because of the chat.

I'd also like to add that their VODs are terrible. The timer bar doesn't work at all, and this is the only website that has given me a "too many cards" error with the overclock.

Edit: Also nice to see SC2 fans here :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Found the same issue last night too. I don't have too many problems with live streams as long as they're embedded on teamliquid.net, but anything directly off twitch.tv or justin.tv gets killed. I think it's because of the chat.

I'd also like to add that their VODs are terrible. The timer bar doesn't work at all, and this is the only website that has given me a "too many cards" error with the overclock.

Edit: Also nice to see SC2 fans here :-)
    On TL.net, I still get lag with anything > 480p. Is that the same for you?

I also thought it might be that chat too.

High plat protoss here, what are you guys?
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    year this would be awesome but maybe an android ROM could help to fix this

for me (stock webos rom, no preware) it doesn't matter if embedded or direct on twich.tv with chat. 720p runs like 5 frames per second while 480p runs a little better but it is still jerky.

imbalanced.tv's Stream - Starcraft 2 Live Stream (Online)
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I also feel that lag. When I watch Painuser and CatsPajamas (IGNProLeague), aside from the lag, it has extreme out of sync issues.

I was supposed to post this issue about that, OP beat me to it
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    On TL.net, I still get lag with anything > 480p. Is that the same for you?

I also thought it might be that chat too.

High plat protoss here, what are you guys?
    Yes, I also get lag above 480p on TL.net, but 480 is usually fine for live streams when I'm on the go. I mean I can even watch the MLG streams on medium with no problem, but twitch/justin is no good.

I'm no good at SC2 haha, I don't have enough time to practice. Next week when I'm on vacation I'll let you know where I am after that. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ernsthaft View Post
    year this would be awesome but maybe an android ROM could help to fix this

for me (stock webos rom, no preware) it doesn't matter if embedded or direct on twich.tv with chat. 720p runs like 5 frames per second while 480p runs a little better but it is still jerky.

imbalanced.tv's Stream - Starcraft 2 Live Stream (Online)
    I do have my TP overclocked, but I think it's the chat because I was watching State of the Game on Twitch a couple weeks back, noticed that it was horribly choppy (audio is generally fine), then when to TL.net and watched from their embed link, full screen 480p no problem, no lag.

It's definitely something that I would like fixed... but I'm happy that I can watch streams without an app.
    this might be just me, but the hulu patch helped my video streams, I watch ch131.com and they would not load or chop suey. Even though hulu has shut us down again, that patch helps my video quality.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by vella_ View Post
    this might be just me, but the hulu patch helped my video streams, I watch ch131.com and they would not load or chop suey. Even though hulu has shut us down again, that patch helps my video quality.
    Interesting..can someone try this and report back?
    Sprint Love
    project free tv you can see a difference, I uninstalled and reinstalled, w/out the patch it did horrible! Imho it makes a difference.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i dont know exactly because i installed a lot of stuff from preware including oc 1,5ghz and hulu fix but i must admit 480p runs a bit better now but 720p is still jerky and 1080p, 1080p+ is like 1 frame per second. My Goal is 720p and it isnt smooth enough overall

watching:
    NASL.tv's Stream - Starcraft 2 Live Stream (Online)
    where do I get this hulu patch?
    tried tracing the ip/route of the site hostign it all? a lot of people state their app or device or internet sucks sometimes and it ends up being 1 of the hops along the line thats doing the damage by timing out or lagging behind.

try a tracert or similar to the websites ip.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    never mind, my PC hangs on the same connection and i watching the stream right now with 1080p+ without any lag, so it isnt a problem with my connection.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    i also have huge problems with twitch/justin.tv
    my touchpad 4g has 1.5ghz by default. no preware, no hacks etc.
    you can "kill" the twitch/justin.tv chat by appending "/popout" to the url.
    i.e.
    www.twitch.tv/liquidret/popout
    but even that 'trick' doenst solve any lagging issue for twitch/justin.tv
    i think they doesnt use a webos friendly encoding format or encoding options...