1.    #1  
    Gents, is there any was to disable the clock from coming up when I put the TP on the Touchstone? I have it in the case and always have to make sure the clock isn't on wearing out the screen for no reason.

Thanks-
    I don't think there is. I wonder if there is a flag or something somewhere that launches exhibition mode when the TouchPad is on a touchstone.
    The Exhibition app kicks on when the TouchPad is on the Touchstone. I thought Exhibition mode could be turned off on the phones, but don't see anyway to do so on my Pre.

You can turn off the display by pressing the power button after you put your TouchPad on the Touchstone, and that probably works best when putting the TouchPad in airplane mode, since notifications will turn the screen on.
    If you have a case just close your case
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

You can turn off notifications while in lock mode, this will stop the screen from turning on again when you get a notification. (Settings -> Screen & Lock)

Or you could just not worry about it, your screen will out last the lifetime of the device. Although I do feel that exhibition should have an option to completely disable it, it's obvious that some people really don't care about this feature.

I personally use the "Weather Dashboard HD" app in exhibition mode during the day and I turn off the screen at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    If you have a case just close your case
    smart!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    You can turn off notifications while in lock mode, this will stop the screen from turning on again when you get a notification. (Settings -> Screen & Lock)

Or you could just not worry about it, your screen will out last the lifetime of the device. Although I do feel that exhibition should have an option to completely disable it, it's obvious that some people really don't care about this feature.

I personally use the "Weather Dashboard HD" app in exhibition mode during the day and I turn off the screen at night.

but the touchpad isnt locked when its on the touchstone, unless you press the power button up top, then i guess that when no notifications works.
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    but the touchpad isnt locked when its on the touchstone, unless you press the power button up top, then i guess that when no notifications works.
    That's the point, if you want the screen to stay off while on the touchstone, turn off the notifications under "screen & lock" and always turn off the screen when you put the touchpad on the touchstone.

The OP was basically asking how to keep the screen off while on the touchstone, this is the answer.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    There is a Preware app called Nightstand that can accomplish this.

Install it and then select the app to be used for Exhibition mode.
    War Eagle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post

No internet access with my tablet at the moment (so I can't just test it out). Does it just darken the screen or does it turn the screen completely off?
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    If you click the power switch, it will shut the display off...

If the unit is on, then the first click will put it in exhibition mode, the second will shut it off.

Be aware that it may come on if notifications come in. I usually put it in airplane mode when I am done for the day for that reason.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post

I thought nightstand only does a black still lit screen. Not technically turning off the screen.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  13.    #13  
    nice, I'll try nightstand. And yes, I know to hit power twice but that is kinda stupid, I want it to just stop putting anything on while it's on the dock.
  14.    #14  
    Nightstand seems to be gone???
    Quote Originally Posted by Copene View Post
    Nightstand seems to be gone???
    I think that I got it from the app store not preware. Also you could run something like simpleclock and use it as a pretty decent clock.