Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By shebaswhiskers
  1.    #1  
    My battery drops 3% overnight with WIFI ON and there are 3 notifications (don't think the notifications will have any effect on battery). My TP is overclocked to 1.8 with F14 or F15 (don't remember) in OnDemand Mode. My question is that is it normal to drop 3% of battery overnight with those setting?
    Sounds normal... I think mine drops 1-2% at night in Airplane mode and the screen off.
    I've had the same issue. Normal battery use out of the box is about 0.17% per hour with wifi off (airplane mode on) in standby.

After doing Preware patches it would randomly jump to about 0.5%/hour with the same settings. I was never able to identify what patch was causing the issue. Finally I just gave up on Preware patches all together.
    Quote Originally Posted by xman953 View Post
    My battery drops 3% overnight with WIFI ON and there are 3 notifications (don't think the notifications will have any effect on battery). My TP is overclocked to 1.8 with F14 or F15 (don't remember) in OnDemand Mode. My question is that is it normal to drop 3% of battery overnight with those setting?
    Sounds very normal. Notifications from what? If it is email then remember it is polling/checking for new mail constantly. Also when you receive notifications if it is blinking your LED light that is taking up some juice as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by xman953 View Post
    that is AWESOME

my pre+ drops 100% overnight
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

mjkjr, laoh and JLegacy like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    that is AWESOME

my pre+ drops 100% overnight
    My thoughts too. Got a firesale 16gb for my daughter, set it up and then forgot about it. 3 weeks later it was still on ! Ok standby only but three weeks with wifi on and scanning for emails etc does for me !
    garnetlove likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Mine is 6% .. i think its normal.
    Sounds about right to me as well.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I'm actually amazed at how little energy these things require. Sleep mode on my laptop requires significantly more juice. Although judging by the standby times on Chromebooks and MacBook Airs, it seems that some laptops achieve similar performance today.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I don't think I would worry. 3% is nothing. The battery life on these things is insane anyway. You will still have plenty of time to do everything you want to do with the 97% u have left. If 3% really matters to you couldn't you just plug it up at night when you go to bed?
    It's better than the 15% mine drops over night while doing nothing with the stock kernel and a few patches and applications (Xterm... etc)
  12.    #12  
    Thanks all for replying
    with wifi on mine drops 12% overnight on the F4 kernel at 1.8 GHz. i just put it on airplane mode now since i dont need notifications while im asleep and it only drops 2% now.
    sounds fine to me? 3%? if 30% then yeah you may have a problem..