Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Thats not the point. The point IS there might not ever be ANY batteries for replacement whuch means the tp when the battery dies is dead.
    ... and then you can get one of those USB batteries to power it up with. Presumably if it's connected to power, as long as the battery isn't completely electricall disconnected, it would work. That's not a known thing, though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    ... and then you can get one of those USB batteries to power it up with. Presumably if it's connected to power, as long as the battery isn't completely electricall disconnected, it would work. That's not a known thing, though.
    Some devices will not work via USB power(or AC adapter) if the built-in battery is
    totally dead. (iPods, for example)

I really do not understand the obsession of manufacturers to build devices with
    internal batteries that cannot be easily removed by consumers.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $only$ $tablet$ $that$ $has$ $a$ $removable$ $battery$ $is$ $the$ $Toshiba$ $Thrive$ $Android$ $tablet$.
    Just pop open the back cover and out comes the battery... perfect if you want to have
    a fully-charged spare battery at all times. I was actually planning to buy a Toshiba
    Thrive tablet the week before HP started its Touchpad firesale! (the cheapest
    model was less than $399 and comes with SD card slot, removable battery, full-size
    USB ports, etc)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12