Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I am not sure if this has ever happened to anyone else on this forum, but after turning off my touchpad, it turned on by itself with a giant battery icon in the middle of the screen with a question mark. I have tried plugging it into the ac adapter for at least half an hour, but it still has not gone away.
    Are there any possible fixes for this problem? Before turning off my touchpad, it had at least 25% charge remaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by hobowithin View Post
    I am not sure if this has ever happened to anyone else on this forum, but after turning off my touchpad, it turned on by itself with a giant battery icon in the middle of the screen with a question mark. I have tried plugging it into the ac adapter for at least half an hour, but it still has not gone away.
    Are there any possible fixes for this problem? Before turning off my touchpad, it had at least 25% charge remaining.
    This is mostly likely the same issue i had with my palm pre. Looks like u would need to apply webOS doctor.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tion-mark.html
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Just tried doing a hard reset, home button + power button, and now it doesn't turn on. The light in the home button flashes though. To clarify, it seems as though there are two lights on the home button and the two lights are alternating.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    This is mostly likely the same issue i had with my palm pre. Looks like u would need to apply webOS doctor.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tion-mark.html
    I tried the webOS doctor, however my computer does not detect the touchpad when I plug it into the computer. I am also not able to enter usb mode because the touchpad does not seem to be able to fully turn off.
    Had had the same issue with my Brand New Hp Veer <.< Luckily i found a way to force a reboot of the device. On the Smartphones you hold the Power Button and switch the ringer thrice - not sure how to do it for the Touchpad though ;( I believe i found a way to force a shutdown for the Touchpad, though. If you hold Power and the center down for about 5 secs, it shuts down immediately. maybe that helps somehow
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I am having these same problems with my HP TouchPad as well. The home button seems to alternate blinking sides of the strip but the unit is otherwise unresponsive. I leave it plugged into the AC charger for hours but it won't turn on. I've tried all combinations of three-finger-salutes involving the power, home and volume rocker buttons but still can't get it to turn on. I've tried plugging and unplugging the USB as well. I am also getting the giant battery icon with the question mark in it. Occasionally I can get the HP logo blinking and it will come up fully for a moment but as soon as I try to launch anything it acts like it's shutting down and becomes unresponsive again.

VERY frustrating. I may have to doctor it. Otherwise I was thinking it might be defective in some way.
    sounds like it at least -thinks- that the battery is completely farked up. Wether that's true or not, mgiht be difficult to tell. Maybe try draining it completely first? Just a thought. Otherwise, warranty.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Did you solve this issue?

I have exactly same issue as yours. Dont know what to do now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hobowithin View Post
    just tried doing a hard reset, home button + power button, and now it doesn't turn on. The light in the home button flashes though. To clarify, it seems as though there are two lights on the home button and the two lights are alternating.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankley View Post
    Did you solve this issue?

I have exactly same issue as yours. Dont know what to do now. Thanks.
    I had the same issue with mine. Its a warranty Job
    For those suffering this battery problem, out of curiosity which battery do you have?
    the higher or lower capacity model?
    The model information can easily be found looking at the label on the hp box.