1.    #1  
    I got a cheap 16GB unit. I love it, awesome machine. So much so that I want (and am getting) a 32.

So: is there any way to "clone" my "old" 16 to the new 32?

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    good question, i would think you would need to upload your WebOS account, and then if you have preware youd need to upload that as well again, so maybe if you use the backup feature it would help with it, but not 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    good question, i would think you would need to upload your WebOS account, and then if you have preware youd need to upload that as well again, so maybe if you use the backup feature it would help with it, but not 100%
    I want to do this as well. I'm assuming you first need to register your new TP with the same user account / email.

I'm assuming save/restore is the best way to get all the non official HP store apps transferred over. This

How To Install Ubuntu On Your HP Touchpad | TechwareLabs

is about installing Ubuntu, but the paragraphs "Before we Begin" and the Note after "Step 4" goes into some detail about save/restore.

This was written for the pre, but should apply for the TP
    http://www.precentral.net/understand...ve-restore-app

I'm not sure, but any other data like photos, movies, etc, probably need to be manually copied over to the PC, and then back to the new TP.

I wish there were a 'clone' app.
    Last edited by gergev; 09/14/2011 at 01:29 PM.