1.    #1  
    I installed the sshfs option from preware on my touchpad. However, I cannot find how to use it.

Is there a console somewhere I can type in on the touchpad/webos (sorry, I'm a webos newb) How do I setup sshfs on the touchpad without a console or app?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nomisunrider View Post
    I installed the sshfs option from preware on my touchpad. However, I cannot find how to use it.

Is there a console somewhere I can type in on the touchpad/webos (sorry, I'm a webos newb) How do I setup sshfs on the touchpad without a console or app?

Thanks
    I can't speak for sshfs itself as I have never used it (on the TP or on linux) but the easiest way to get access to the console is via novaterm (download it from palm/hp). Then you get a regular root linux prompt.

another method is to install Xecutah via preware (may still be in the "testing" feeds), though I think your better off with novaterm in this situation, type on a normal keyboard.
  3.    #3  
    I didn't even think of using the Xterm in Xecutah for a CLI. Thanks, it worked great!

I also learned though this that webos is really linux, so I guess I know more about webos than I thought.

So now I have a couple more questions, if someone can help. What are the permissions for apps. Looks like they run in a jail? For example, I mounted a cifs share at a location on the touchpad and my apps cannot read it (Preader in this instance.) What type of permissions or whatever do I have to setup to get them to be able to read the cifs share?

Also, any way to push "UP" on the virtual keyboard so you can rerun commands, like in Bash? Is there a "control" key on the virtual keyboard anywhere?

Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Has anyone gotten the sshfs in preware to work?

When I use it in an xterm I get "connection reset by peer." I know the server I'm connecting to works as I have no problem setting up an sshfs in ubuntu chroot.
  5.    #5  
    found the problem... ssh is not in the path as I have installed openssh... LOL
    sorry, but where is sshfs? Do I need to add some feed? I can't find it on Preware

EDIT: I presume you meant the SFTP package
    Last edited by ioannis; 09/19/2011 at 02:29 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis View Post
    sorry, but where is sshfs? Do I need to add some feed? I can't find it on Preware

EDIT: I presume you meant the SFTP package
    No, there was an sshfs package in preware. It looks to be gone now...

You can still get it here: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/armv7/