1.    #1  
    My Touchpad only lets me enter 5 letters ( or numbers) in the Choose a Network/Join password box. The sign in box lights up at 5 and goes dim before or after 5 items entered?????? So I can't get on line at home. (2WIRE gateway) Climbs right on my Pre wi fi connection. So I entered all the connection details manually. It shows as connected. Shows the Signal strength at 3 bars. But I try to go on line and it says Error No Internet connection. So I tap ok. Still nuthin!!!grrr
    Last edited by zdenden; 09/13/2011 at 04:47 PM.
    type faster or use copy/paste?
  3.    #3  
    no good
    what encryption type are you using? WPA should require 8 characters before the button lights up.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    WEP will light up at 5 and then again at 13. Make sure you have the right encryption method selected for what you are typing.
    Brian
    I don't think you choose the encryption method. Just keep typing your password, the button will light up/dim as you go through valid password lengths I believe.
    When you hit the drop down from open you get the following options.

Open
    WPA-personal
    WEP
    Enterprise
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    @OP, I see you updated your post, what brand and model is your router? Many of us have had problems with our D-Links, I was getting a similar error when using encryption. I have no problem connecting with a password to my Veer using free tether though.