Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By nightdevil21
  • 1 Post By nightdevil21
  • 2 Post By ac921ol
  1.    #1  
    Well sort of... I noticed that every once in a while I would check my latitude and it would say that I am in Wisconsin. I thought it was some data cache left over but then I noticed that it moved. Today it said I was in Utah!

Clearly it narrowed it down to a street location. I thought that the system wipes your information once it has too many password entries. Anyone have any idea how to either 1 clean this up? or have any other idea?
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Sorry to hear that your touchpad was stolen. I may be mistaken, but I thought you could log into your palm/hp profile here : https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface and just select the 'Remove This Device' and it would wipe the information off of the touchpad. I could be wrong, so if anyone could confirm this, that would be great.
    Actually, it's the 'I lost my phone' button. From there you can remotely erase your info.
    Last edited by gooselab; 09/13/2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: correction
  3.    #3  
    That's what should happen. But apparently when it remote wipes itself. It also removes itself from your profile if someone else tries to use the device.
    HP is no help on this. Said go to the "authorities" to let them work it out and they haven't a clue.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    first, how did you find out where the touchpad is?

second if you have the actual coordinates and its stayed the same for around a day(more at night) then thats where likely the person lives. go call the cops... unless you dont want it back
  5.    #5  
    I was using latitude and I noticed it said I was in Wisconsin (clearly not). But that was the city i was visiting when i lost it. It would happened every once in a while but not often. When I paid attention to it actually changed locations. Then today in Utah. Again it happened about 7 times since I noticed so not often so I'm thinking that this person is paring it up. but i will keep it in mind just in case it does stay in one location.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    fxspec06 likes this.
    So TP can be tracked like Iphone or Ipad? I know my Iphone has an app called "find my iphone" and it'll actually let me know where it is (if it's turned on).
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    hmm, what is this latitude business, sounds interesting, might try it out a few times, if you can get that info, wouldnt you be able to get an IP address, and if you cant, we should see if the DEV team could figure that out for us.
    fxspec06 and pre101 like this.
    if you had skype setup, may be you can call it
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    I was using latitude and I noticed it said I was in Wisconsin (clearly not). But that was the city i was visiting when i lost it. It would happened every once in a while but not often. When I paid attention to it actually changed locations. Then today in Utah. Again it happened about 7 times since I noticed so not often so I'm thinking that this person is paring it up. but i will keep it in mind just in case it does stay in one location.
    please explain... how are you tracking the location of your touchpad..
    I guess OP is talking about this? Latitude Updater | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

Sounds interesting and has potential use (like your GF tracking you down).
    I'm surprised that would work. Doesn't Latitude Updater service need to be started manually after a reboot?
    QUICk

EVERYBOdY INSTALL LATITUDE ON YOUR TOUCHPADS!!

NOW
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I'm in Utah, if I need to bust someone's door in just let me know.
    Last edited by jxrxblanchard; 09/13/2011 at 10:14 PM.
    I can not find any Latitude Updater in the german app catalog. Is there any?
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
    I've been thinking lately... something I try not to do too frequently... ;-)

Couldn't someone write an app that could remotely take a picture / video, and sync it to your Box account based on a menu of events such of failed log in, each time it was rebooted, triggered remotely, connected to new network, etc?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrxblanchard View Post
    I'm in Utah, if I need to bust someone's door in just let me know.
    lol well when it comes up again im posting the location!!!!!!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  18.    #18  
    Utah

Previously in New York

FIND THEM!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    That's what should happen. But apparently when it remote wipes itself. It also removes itself from your profile if someone else tries to use the device.
    HP is no help on this. Said go to the "authorities" to let them work it out and they haven't a clue.
    In my experience the "authorities" are only authorities in how to avoid having to actually solve crimes.

Good luck!
    that's quite a large area that would need to be searched.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?