webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Best solution for local Outlook sync?
Best solution for local Outlook sync?

Old 09/13/2011, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hello,

I'm new to the forums, so please forgive me if I make any obvious mistakes.
I've just purchased an HP Touchpad (expect to get it on friday) and am already looking into synchronisation solutions between the Touchpad and a local Outlook 2010 (win) - I want to sync multiple outlook calendars and many contacts as completely as possible. It should work over wlan (and definitely not over the cloud), and so far I see that there are three software solutions:
[*] CompanionLink (50$) works only via Google.[*] The Missing Sync (40$) doesn't support webOS 3.[*] Pocket Mirror (40$) doesn't make any statements on the website whether it synchronizes with Touchpad, but I faintly remember reading about a beta version for the tp?

Who else has experience synching with outlook? What are the best solutions?
peterhengl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2011, 09:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm using PocketMirror as well, but on the Pre-.. does this confirm that PM will work on the TouchPad?

If so, hooray!
Furuboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2011, 09:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

I use Outlook for everything BUT email. I have outlook on my local PC, then I use Live.com and Outlook Connector to keep LIVE in sync with Outlook. On my TP, I set up Outlook using the Exchange option and https://m.hotmail.com setup method (search for details).

Make sure your TP is using the Exchange account as the default for Calendar and Contact. Works Flawlessly...even brings across all of the calendars that have been shared with me to my LIVE / Outlook acount.

This will work with emails but you won't be able to see the HTML code (I use Yahoo for email). Also, Notes won't work.
upsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2011, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

sorry, I mis-spoke. I use pocket mirror on my Pre2. It doesn't yet work on the tp, but the publisher says they are working on it.
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/2011, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

upsidedown, from what I found out by trying the Outlook calendar only makes your windows live calendars available in Outlook - not the other way around. That doesn't help me trying to get my existing multiple Outlook calendars and contacts onto the touchpad.... but thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Does anybody else have an idea how to get Outlook info onto the Touchpad?
Old 09/13/2011, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhengl View Post
upsidedown, from what I found out by trying the Outlook calendar only makes your windows live calendars available in Outlook - not the other way around. That doesn't help me trying to get my existing multiple Outlook calendars and contacts onto the touchpad.... but thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Does anybody else have an idea how to get Outlook info onto the Touchpad?
Partly true. I am using Outlook 2010 on my desktop, but it is not part of an exchnage setup. I set up the account to use the Live.com account in outlook, then I did a one time copy from my original calendar to the Live calendar. Now all appointments that were in Outlook are now in the Live.com calendar and can be accessed with my devices. I do not use the original Outlook calendar from the .pst as Outlook on the desktop now accesses the Live Calendar (username@live.com). Regardless of where I make changes (Outlook on the desktop, live.com, Palm Pre, Touchpad) all changes stay in synch. Also, I do have offline access to the calendar in Outlook.
Old 09/14/2011, 01:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yes, but that only works for a single calendar... not with multiple calendars as I have.
Old 09/14/2011, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

I have multiple calendars in outlook and they all sync based on the method described above. Just ensure your primary calendar in outlook is set to user@live.com. I have added calendars and shared calendars and athey all appear across devices. I do not think it will work if you have multiple .PST calendars.
Old 02/16/2013, 04:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

For years I've been happily using Pocketmirror to sync my Outlook contacts and calendar to my Pre 2. I recently had to replace the phone with another Pre 2, and now I find the calendar doesn't sync completely. The problem seems to be that events entered on the Pre default to the Palm Profile, and I'm unable to change this setting, even though Outlook shows up as an account in the calendar app. As Palm events, they're not showing up on my laptop. Events entered on my laptop, on the other hand, show up post-sync on the Pre, but as undefined, not as Outlook. Any suggestions? (I'm using WebOS 2.1.)
fjherbert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlook, synchronization

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0